Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, really considering the Vance & Hines 3" slash cuts...I have the OEM performance intake with flash already installed. If I get the V&H I'm considering, do I need a stage 1 exhaust flash from dealer? I really llike the sound of the V&H slash's I've heard online and I do realize recordings are suspect at best, but I've listened to several and they seem to have what I'm after without spending the ridiculous amount of $$ that the OEM stage 1s cost.

So my ask is, I'm already completely deaf in one ear so preserving hearing in the other is paramount. I understand from some that wind noise is louder than these pipes when cruising, so that's good to know as i already wear an ear plug. I'm definitely not a WOT all the time kind of guy and generally "cruise" in town and in the country. given that, with the kind of riding I do, do you think these will a) piss off the neighbors and/or b) be too obnoxiously loud for me?

Thanks in advance!
Kevin

·
Registered
148 Posts
I’d get a tuner so you can make it just right for your setup and not have to depend on dealer flashes. PV3 from fuelmoto couldn’t be any easier.

I have the performance intake and the twin slash with the quiet baffles. They’re seriously loud still. I’m going to be testing some ways to tone it down a bit. Even with cruising, if you’re at highway speeds you will likely be above 3k RPM and it wears on ya.

·
Registered
71 Posts
...the twin slash with the quiet baffles. They’re seriously loud still. I’m going to be testing some ways to tone it down a bit.
Are your baffles wrapped? I have the same slip-ons which were installed on my used Bobber. They do have baffles, but are not wrapped and I was planning on doing so to help reduce the volume.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Are your baffles wrapped? I have the same slip-ons which were installed on my used Bobber. They do have baffles, but are not wrapped and I was planning on doing so to help reduce the volume.
Yeah I have the newer version of the baffles that comes wrapped in fiberglass. I’m looking into some other wrap products.

·
Rider
764 Posts
So, really considering the Vance & Hines 3" slash cuts...I have the OEM performance intake with flash already installed. If I get the V&H I'm considering, do I need a stage 1 exhaust flash from dealer? I really llike the sound of the V&H slash's I've heard online and I do realize recordings are suspect at best, but I've listened to several and they seem to have what I'm after without spending the ridiculous amount of $$ that the OEM stage 1s cost.

So my ask is, I'm already completely deaf in one ear so preserving hearing in the other is paramount. I understand from some that wind noise is louder than these pipes when cruising, so that's good to know as i already wear an ear plug. I'm definitely not a WOT all the time kind of guy and generally "cruise" in town and in the country. given that, with the kind of riding I do, do you think these will a) piss off the neighbors and/or b) be too obnoxiously loud for me?

Thanks in advance!
Kevin
Go ahead,, piss um off,, you can hear anyway,, I can’t hear either, so I bought rineharts, very loud set of performance pipes. I all most got V&H 4” slash cuts. Loud is only in the ears of the holder,, not the beholder. “LET FREEDOM RING “

1 - 6 of 6 Posts