Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Since no one knows what kind of bike you own, (you didn't let anyone know) I will give you information about the Scout.
You can get kits that move the controls forward and they sell a seat that sits you back further and they have handlebars that come back further or further forward too!
All of them are generic in nature and one size fits all! Expect to spend some money! :)

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Mustang seat will move you back 2" and aeromach floorboard hardware will relocate the floorboards forward 1.5 - 2". This is on chieftain.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I agree with ltdannyboy, as trying out a floorboard and seat move will be materially less expensive than stretching the frame. IMO, the Indian Chief frame is much friendlier to taller folks than, say, my last bike, which was an HD Road King. I'm not as tall as you (just over 6'0"), but I have long legs so I appreciate the added comfort of the Indian ergonomics. I'd give these options a shot before throwing down the cash for a frame stretch, which may or may not provide the ride and handling quality I would imagine you seek. As always, just my $0.02. Navi

·
Bronze member
1,769 Posts
I'd start with the basics
But
If that didn't do the trick then I would believe stretching anything is possible

Will you sacrifice some of the handling? I assume so but you've obviously made just a few sacrifices in life being taller than most already

I think a good bike man or engineer could easily add the length you need from the motor forward
That way really all you change is cables and nothing with the driveline

·
Founding member / Distinguished
Indians. LOTS of Indians
3,997 Posts
I stand 6ft 5 and 240 lb with 36 inseam

All bike I make look like Magilla from the cartoon . Yinz remember Magilla Garilla ???

Anyhow I plan to stretch the wheel base to get proper seating and leg room

Anybody out there ever do that?
Yes... .. the TS111 bikes were not designed for larger folks.

Got some 4" higher bars. ... lower the boards via AEROMACH's kit.. and .. .get a seat to push you back. Indian has one. I had to go the Corbin route 3.5 years ago, to push me back 1.5"

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Motorcycle accessories

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I saw Hulk Hogan's bike in Tampa at another brand's shop and it was a custom made machine . It looked normal until you sat on it , then you felt like a little kid wearing your dad's shoes.
Something like this?

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire

That's Sonny Barger on a Victory Vision, BTW. No disrespect, Mr. Barger, if you happen to be reading this post. :)

He looked a lot bigger all those years on a Harley 74. This is a huge motorcycle.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Since no one knows what kind of bike you own, (you didn't let anyone know) I will give you information about the Scout.
You can get kits that move the controls forward and they sell a seat that sits you back further and they have handlebars that come back further or further forward too!
All of them are generic in nature and one size fits all! Expect to spend some money! :)
Sorry forgot to mention looking at the chief vintage or the springfield

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes tried all standard stuff and even did same on a 20 yr full customized Yamaha

Was never comfortable

This time doing right and having bike fit me

Got 2 engineers from GE to help or um manage the design

Got other resource and my own talent working metal

Will slow the turn but not a fast rider anyhow

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Sorry forgot to mention looking at the chief vintage or the springfield
Vintage is a bit more stretched out than the Springfield in geometry, but I doubt the riding position is a bit different.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
Indians. LOTS of Indians
3,997 Posts
Funny thing though .... In June 2009, I sat on a Indian Chief Vintage, and it fit me perfect like a glove. Those bikes (KMs) rocked, in a lot of diff' ways. I'm 300lbs, my wife is less than 1/2 that, and we have at least 6" of space between the two of us, when I'm stretched out and comfortable . First time I sat on a '14 SL model... I thought "WTF (!!) did they do? They shrunk 'em!"

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Yes... .. the TS111 bikes were not designed for larger folks.

Got some 4" higher bars. ... lower the boards via AEROMACH's kit.. and .. .get a seat to push you back. Indian has one. I had to go the Corbin route 3.5 years ago, to push me back 1.5"

View attachment 321729
That tank decal is different....I like it.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts