Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lines match the bike and the bags seem pretty sturdy. You have to buy the quick release mounting spools if you don't already have them. I was thinking about the Ends Cuoio bags, but once these came out I decided to get them instead. The exterior is all weather vinyl, which is perfect for those who don't want to take care of leather.

They're kinda hard to get right now, so check with your dealer or the website.
IMG_20200809_154752.jpg

·
Registered
779 Posts
The lines match the bike and the bags seem pretty sturdy. You have to buy the quick release mounting spools if you don't already have them. I was thinking about the Ends Cuoio bags, but once these came out I decided to get them instead. The exterior is all weather vinyl, which is perfect for those who don't want to take care of leather.

They're kinda hard to get right now, so check with your dealer or the website. View attachment 601675
These are growing on me. Might be useful for longer trips. But, I pack pretty light and use a sissybar bag.

Would you mind posting a pic of one stuffed, and tell us what is inside?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,807 Posts
It would be much sweeter if somebody could come up with a low exhaust system such as true duals for the Scout. That way we could have taller deeper saddlebags that could hold more stuff inside them.

·
Registered
779 Posts
It would be much sweeter if somebody could come up with a low exhaust system such as true duals for the Scout. That way we could have taller deeper saddlebags that could hold more stuff inside them.
Definitely. The OEM bags on my old small Vulcan were very roomy because of this. Could fit a 12 pack in each plus extra stuff.

But, I think the suspension etc still gets in the way on the left.

·
Bronze member
5,082 Posts
But, I think the suspension etc still gets in the way on the left.
When I was putting aftermarket bags on my Scout the suspension was in the way on both sides. I lifted the bags a bit higher than I'd planned. Some people commented about how they sat higher than the fender, but when I put the rack on the fender they all matched up nicely.

The other thing on the left that people had issues with was the belt guard.

The bags on the OP look good and give another option over the more retro looking originals.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
At that point, why not buy a bagger if the concern is for bag space? I don't think the scout is meant to fill the role of a bagger. I got bags so I can carry a few items for a day ride or pack out a few essentials for a light camp, I don't intend to get groceries or take my laundry to the laundromat on the scout.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
These are growing on me. Might be useful for longer trips. But, I pack pretty light and use a sissybar bag.

Would you mind posting a pic of one stuffed, and tell us what is inside?

Here you go:
The orange thing is a tent, The REI quarter dome 3. If you have a single person your tent packout will be smaller.

The pile of clothes is what I stuffed inside one bag, the Indian mesh jacket, a rain jacket, a lightweight jacket, a water bottle, and a hand towel.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I edited my last few posts few times trying out the gallery and putting pictures in a post properly. If any of you need any more info, I'll be happy to help. My full size backpack does not fit in there, but I'd probably just get a smaller lightweight day pack if I ever need one.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I edited my last few posts few times trying out the gallery and putting pictures in a post properly. If any of you need any more info, I'll be happy to help. My full size backpack does not fit in there, but I'd probably just get a smaller lightweight day pack if I ever need one.
You did a great job. These are really nice. Thank you.

Reactions: vascout

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sold out here. Love how they flow with the bike. How quickly do they come off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
418 Posts
Here you go:
The orange thing is a tent, The REI quarter dome 3. If you have a single person your tent packout will be smaller.

The pile of clothes is what I stuffed inside one bag, the Indian mesh jacket, a rain jacket, a lightweight jacket, a water bottle, and a hand towel.

I can’t see the pics , would you mind re-posting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
779 Posts
Saw these in person. Very nice!

They aren’t as big as they look in the pic. (Which is good, I think they look one size too large in th pix.)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Do they come in tan?
Do they lock? (Can't tell from any of the available pics, and the manufacturer site doesn't list that as a feature.)

The lack of a lock is my only disappointment with the original OEM S60 bags. I solo ride a lot, and I'd like to be able to step away from my bike to hit the head while I'm on the road and not worry about someone going through my bags.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts