Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you’re having buffering issues with your Springfield here’s a kit that’ll help out a ton! After putting the shield and lowers on my 18 DH the buffeting was almost completely gone not to mention the bike looked great with them on it too! The only reason I’m selling the parts is because I traded the bike for a Chieftain. It’s a set of JES Lower wind deflectors which are powder coated black along with the hole covers they sell that are also powder coated and a 12” flared Freedom shield. I’d like to keep the parts together for now because it’ll be much cheaper to ship everything together. $185.00 shipped any where in the Continental US

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thank you...kinda figured as much but thought I’d ask :). If you do decide to break up the set, I’d be interested in the lowers. I do live in Canada and would pay extra for shipping as well.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
The only reason I’m selling the parts is because I traded the bike for a Chieftain. It’s a set of JES Lower wind deflectors which are powder coated black along with the hole covers they sell that are also powder coated and a 12” flared Freedom shield. View attachment 584890 View attachment 584891
You might want to keep these around long enough to get some miles on your Chieftain. I installed these on my wife's Chieftain when she complained about buffeting.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You might want to keep these around long enough to get some miles on your Chieftain. I installed these on my wife's Chieftain when she complained about buffeting.
Unfortunately they don’t fit my new bike. I did like them so much that I had a new set ordered for the Chieftain before I even picked it up. They make a world of difference with buffeting.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not to completely hijack your thread (but it will keep it in the “active posts” section right?)... how happy are you making the jump to the Chieftain from the Springfield? I’ve got an 18 Springfield Dark Horse too and I’m looking at doing the same.

Any particular reason you went with the Chieftain and not the RM or Challenger? How much better is the wind protection coming from the Springfield?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not to completely hijack your thread (but it will keep it in the “active posts” section right?)... how happy are you making the jump to the Chieftain from the Springfield? I’ve got an 18 Springfield Dark Horse too and I’m looking at doing the same.

Any particular reason you went with the Chieftain and not the RM or Challenger? How much better is the wind protection coming from the Springfield?
I really always wanted a bike with the full fairing and radio but in 2018 when I bought my Springfield I didn't like the look of the 2018 Chieftain and money was a little tighter. Luckily with the deals on new leftover 19's right now I got the new styling for real close to what the difference in bike was 2 years ago. I couldn't be happier with the Chieftain I got but I also really liked the Springfield. They're both great bike for their intended purpose. The wind protection is only a little bit better around the hands with the Chieftain vs the Springfield. After adding the curved shield and wind deflectors to my Springfield I felt the wind protection was great, I just really wanted the stereo and GPS on the Chieftain and also prefer the look of the full front fairing and new bag styling. Basically just personal preference. The Roadmaster was overkill for me. I'm a 2-3hr rider and not a 2-3 day trip rider. And the challenger just wasn't comfortable for me at 5'7" like the Chieftain was, not to mention I'm not a big fan of the styling wither.

·
Registered
98 Posts
What you said really got me thinking so I took a gander and sure enough, 2019 leftovers with some nice deals on them... I’m in the same boat as far as type of ride. In July I usually have to go down to Kansas City for work so I’ll ride down, make it a 2-day ride from North Dakota. Other then that it’s usually a couple hours at a time. We just had our 4th kid so we’ll see how much harder a stink eye I get when I disappear for a few hours on the weekends.

I think the Chieftain might be the way to go for me. Im gonna see what kinda new incentives drop in May and then see what’s what.
Thanks man for your feedback!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts