Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new Limited. cant go 30 miles on this without a big butt ache...Was riding a Harley Softail for ten years with a touring seat. I could knock out 500 miles a day easy on that one. What's a good seat to consider for my Limited??

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
The 2018 style seat should fit or you can look at aftermarket like Corbin, do a search here!
The seats are interchangeable but a heap of members are saying the new seat is way my comfy. We all have different ideas of what works best for us so do what your heart tells you but do a lot of research so you should be well informed before spending money and finding out you made the wrong choice.

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts
Goes to show you as I’ve said in the past what works for you doesn’t necessarily mean $hit to my ass. I’ve got a 18 limited my seat works great FOR ME ! Lol mite want to try one. But now that you opened that door I’m sure you’ll get all kinds of this and that is the greatest I’ve ever been on. Hhmmmm I heard that about the 19 seat. Good luck on your hunt. I also run the grasshopper backrest with mine.

·
Founding member
413 Posts
We all have different shaped and sized butts. What has worked best for me, is to have my seats custom modified to fit my butt. Seats are not "one size fits all".

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just bought a new Limited. cant go 30 miles on this without a big butt ache...Was riding a Harley Softail for ten years with a touring seat. I could knock out 500 miles a day easy on that one. What's a good seat to consider for my Limited??
You would be correct....My ass hurts after 40 min......

·
Registered
63 Posts
In December of '17 I bought a new '16 Chieftan with sidecar from a dealer. Trailered it home, 1100 miles, and put it into the garage next to my '14 Vintage. January '18 - not ideal riding weather but I put 100 miles on the Chieftan and somehow the riding position was very uncomfortable. I felt cramped on the Chieftan compared to perfectly comfortable on the Vintage. Was it the new leather compared to the broken in leather? Were the floorboards in a different position? I spent hours with the two bikes side-by-side trying to see any difference. Finally, I noticed that my thigh/calf angle was different on the Chieftan. My legs were more stretched out on the Vintage. So I measured the distance from the rear of the chromed tank panel to the stitched seam in the seat at the center of the "backrest". The Chieftan seat was 1 5/8 inches closer to the tank. Went to my local dealer to see about an extended reach seat. Not in stock and no information on what "extended" means. Swapped seats on my bikes. The Vintage seat on the Chieftan moved my ass rearward to a comfortable position. Long story short- I bought a Corbin that moved me back 2 inches.

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts
@BAD and that makes my point exactly. The Corbin works excellent for YOU. I put one on my Harley and it was like sitting on a park bench. In 45 minutes my ass was on fire. I sold it. Everyone said give it time lol I was dying. But like you I know people both ways a love it or hate it thing. The biggest problem is this the majority are not returnable. These damn seats run from $500 to $1200 a pricey crapshoot in some cases. At those prices they should all be returnable not just a couple of them. I played the same game with the ultimate on my Victory. For me it sucks but thankfully I could return it.

·
Silver member
4,419 Posts
@BAD and that makes my point exactly. The Corbin works excellent for YOU. I put one on my Harley and it was like sitting on a park bench. In 45 minutes my ass was on fire. I sold it. Everyone said give it time lol I was dying. But like you I know people both ways a love it or hate it thing. The biggest problem is this the majority are not returnable. These damn seats run from $500 to $1200 a pricey crapshoot in some cases. At those prices they should all be returnable not just a couple of them. I played the same game with the ultimate on my Victory. For me it sucks but thankfully I could return it.
The best way to build a Corbin seat is to ride out CA and go down to Hollister. If you do that they sit you down and make a mold of your ass and incorporate that shape into your seat. It is still really stiff until you break it in, but it is the right shape. They also take you on a tour of the factory, feed you, and 4 hours later you leave with your custom seat installed and your old one in the mail. Or they can build it with your factory pan.

That is the true genius in the Corbin package...

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts
@pablo94 that would be a big plus I’m quite sure. But probably unlike yourself who lives out on the west coast now you have to add traveling expense to Cali. That could get costly when added to the cost of a expensive seat to begin with. Or a good exscuse to roll to Cali. I personally don’t care for the foam they use it’s just way to hard of a seat for me. Believe me at that cost I tried like hell to make it work which was nothing more then a pain in my ass. But again a Brother of mine runs coast to coast with me on a RG loves it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts