Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

stock exhaust

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  thegent 
#1 ·
Context is everything. I was leaving a Harley Dealer the other day and, compared to a Harley that had started up, my exhaust seemed almost silent. Then, last night I was leaving the pub and a group gathered to hear what the bike sounded like; I assured them that the stock exhaust sound isn't anything special, but when the engine started, with no other bikes around, it sounded really good, and they said so. Yep, context is everything.

#5 ·
I find it hard to believe that you would need to buy the stage 1 as the bikes ECU (computer) would easily compensate for the slight airflow increase. The Oxygen sensor in the exhaust pipe connected to the bikes computer maintains the desired air/fuel ratio. With a Remus the bike should run the same AF ratio as it did originally, ie won't be any leaner.

Remus makes very excellent exhausts.

#6 ·
I disagree, even my bike before the flash was popping with mavericks installed. Stage one flash, no more popping. Keep in mind most pipes eliminate the cats and are way more free flowing. Also the flash smoothed the bike out with the pipes installed. Still not where it should be either. Any standard ECU can and will only compensate so much and has to adhere to the epa guidelines.

#7 ·
Remus and Miller are E marked so they should run with stock fuelling, and Old Timer is right, any slight variation should be well within tolerance. Also means they are not going to be excessively loud. Downside is they're expensive, but so are a lot of these!

I rode with Mavericks and stock fuelling which seemed perfectly OK to me, no noticeable popping. They are pretty loud at tickover and blipping!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.