Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
I wondered what the stock exhaust sounded like! Thanks for posting! Looking forward to getting my Christmas present! I can't freaking wait!:cool:

·
Founding member
1,763 Posts
That is awesome, very deep and aggressive for a stock exhaust. I was somewhat annoyed during all the initial released videos from Indian and first ride reports when they played music or talked the whole time. I was thinking "You can't just let the bike speak for itself for 10 seconds!!"

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Finally a Stock Sound can live with .. Not saying wouldn't go to a better sound later on .. But this wouldn't be bad for maybe the first year anyway ..

·
Registered
738 Posts
Wow, the stock exhaust sounds fantastic! Right combination of tough/ badass and reasonable, responsible noise level.
For those thinking about going 'louder’, just keep in mind that to most other bikers, there are few things more pathetic and juvenile than a cruiser rider with straight pipes blipping the throttle at every intersection and in front of every restaurant and bar thinking he's the coolest thing in the world and damaging the reputation of all other bikers.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Wow, the stock exhaust sounds fantastic! Right combination of tough/ badass and reasonable, responsible noise level.
For those thinking about going 'louder’, just keep in mind that to most other bikers, there are few things more pathetic and juvenile than a cruiser rider with straight pipes blipping the throttle at every intersection and in front of every restaurant and bar thinking he's the coolest thing in the world and damaging the reputation of all other bikers.
You don't prescribe the the theory GordonS of 'I'm safer because they hear me coming? :p

I'm more inclined to believe that "you won't hear anybody coming at ya because your hearing is shot after riding with that noise all day!"

·
Registered
87 Posts
+1 couldn't agree more

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
You nailed it, Gordon. My time in the Air Force and working the flightline along with small arms fire pretty well ruined my hearing (it can take awhile for the full effect). Hearing aids help, but I certainly don't need a loud exhaust system to make matters worse. Of course, the issues relative to damaging our reputation impacts us all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts