Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally installed the Dirty Bird pipe and wondering if I should cut the bottom of the stock mounts or remove the entire bracket? The fender does have 4 bolts that attach to the bracket but not sure if needed. I stole a picture from a post by [mention]Woodmantim [/mention] to show what I’m talking about. I could cut just above the bottom of the fender line or remove the whole thing. Wondering if removing the whole thing removes too much support or would add too much vibration to the fender.

Advice / thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
2,223 Posts
Well ... a frame cross member (this whole part is one) adds to the structural stability.

But then I have seen builds which completly omit the rear frame parts.
Ha ... found it:

Check out the Tank Machine Darkhorse ... on their website they have more pics of the rear ...

Instead cutting off the exhaust fixtures I would just remove it and see how the rear fender holds up ... IFF you ride SOLO and without bags...

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your “IF” tipped me the probably smart direction. I do ride with my wife sometimes so it’s not worth the risk. I’ll cut the tabs off. Worst case with that is I want to go back to stock and have to buy the whole piece. I can stomach that, can’t stomach the alternative and potential risk of removing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts