Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just talked to the dealer my Scout is not coming this month, now being told January.just tired of waiting, I'm glad for all of you that got your bikes but its not helping just making me jealous. lol!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Lots of us are in the same boat. I ordered mine Aug 6 (first week they were released). Dealer still has no word on arrival of my bike. Frustrating, but focusing on staying excited for when it does arrive.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Just talked to the dealer my Scout is not coming this month, now being told January.just tired of waiting, I'm glad for all of you that got your bikes but its not helping just making me jealous. lol!
You're prolly going to Hernley's from Jonestown. I figure I'm in the same boat as you. Heck, now, even if they called me tomorrow, I dunno how I could get my ducks in a row and fetch it before the new year, what with these short holiday weeks.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Lots of us are in the same boat. I ordered mine Aug 6 (first week they were released). Dealer still has no word on arrival of my bike. Frustrating, but focusing on staying excited for when it does arrive.
Sure would like to look at the Indian Scout distribution system. Seems chaotic at best, some scouts ordered in September are delivered.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yep - very sad that they couldn't get it together. Seems unfair that some dealers have gotten 10+ when others have only got 2 (or none). Don't understand why the factory (Polaris) can't give you a straight answer - like where am I in your system and when do you estimate to ship my bike!
Sure hope those that have the second run bikes ordered will have it better!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Australia ?? :(:(

Deposit the day after the release!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I am with you all...no sense or reason in the distribution process and even worse...no answers or real commitments.

I went so far as to start looking at other bikes. Yes, I admit I did look at bailing out. After going to look at Ducatis, BMWs, Aprilias and the bikes from Japan, I know I made the right decision. I can not wait for my Scout to get here. As my wife says, I am "smitten".

I found a Silver Smoke at a local dealership for sale on the sales floor today. They said they just got it yesterday. I also found out if I bought that one, I would not get the extended warranty, unless I paid for it, or commemorative kit (big deal). I am still waiting for my pre-ordered Scout as I want that 5 year+ warranty.

We have waited these many months, I guess we wait another and I hope its only one!

·
Registered
558 Posts
I think I will make my personalized license plate for my Scout say "HEINZ" because it is red and making me wait.
And time for a little Carly Simon...

Reactions: builder and lute

·
Registered
305 Posts
I wonder how the 'order' system worked and if that isn't the issue. Why else would you guys with early August orders not be getting your bikes when others at least a month later on the order list have gotten theirs. Do dealers hold onto a bunch of names and only submit orders once in a while or was something else going on with Polaris and their order system where they lumped all orders before the cut-off of September 30th for the 1st run deal together. It almost seems as though the latter is the case.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I wonder how the 'order' system worked and if that isn't the issue. Why else would you guys with early August orders not be getting your bikes when others at least a month later on the order list have gotten theirs. Do dealers hold onto a bunch of names and only submit orders once in a while or was something else going on with Polaris and their order system where they lumped all orders before the cut-off of September 30th for the 1st run deal together. It almost seems as though the latter is the case.
Within 24 hours of my order placed at the dealership, I got an email direct from Polaris Industries acknowledging my pre-order and providing a confirmation number, so I know the communication from the dealer to Indian is not the problem. The dealers (at least my dealer) is doing everything right, and just being left in the dark with nothing to tell me in regards to when I will get my bike. Seems the list at corporate could be sorted by order date, and the shipments to dealers would be arranged in the same order. At least week by week of deposit receipt or something... I'm not really upset yet, just disappointed. I wish Polaris/Indian had executed initial deliveries better.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Within 24 hours of my order placed at the dealership, I got an email direct from Polaris Industries acknowledging my pre-order and providing a confirmation number, so I know the communication from the dealer to Indian is not the problem. The dealers (at least my dealer) is doing everything right, and just being left in the dark with nothing to tell me in regards to when I will get my bike. Seems the list at corporate could be sorted by order date, and the shipments to dealers would be arranged in the same order. At least week by week of deposit receipt or something... I'm not really upset yet, just disappointed. I wish Polaris/Indian had executed initial deliveries better.
Yea, I got the confirmation too, just speculating on the early orders.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The disappointing thing; especially for us Aussies, is that they haven't learnt from the very same mistakes that they made last year with the Chief rollout!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Just a theroy here with no inside information to prove or disprove my assumption. Statistically from the numbers posted here and only those numbers to base my assumption on, it appears that a little more then 40% of the bikes with deposits have been delivered. These delivered bikes seem to have been delivered regionally to maximize there exposure geographically. Perhaps it was the Polaris plan to ship pre ordered bikes based on predetermined build cycles and not on the first through last next in line ordered scenario we all assumed. This approach although dissappointing to us who are waiting makes more sense as a marketing approach to maximize exposure and generate more interest. In the end everyone gets their scout , but polaris sells many more as each one delivered reaches a larger and broader audience. Just guessing

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
That may be a good thought but it may also be the trucking companies and how they are looking to deliver the bikes in the best distribution method. Amazon has this down but I expect indian is trying to get them delivered in the most efficient way without thinking everyone would be talking about when they are in line with orders. Isn't the Internet fun when we can talk all over the country and see what they are doing.

Knowledge is power! Maybe they should have done all the warm areas first........I wonder how that would have gone.......we could have really started a war over that.....Happy holidays and you should be able to take sales tax deduction in 2014......I doubt IRS would notice if your baby arrived late....

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
That is one thing Polaris needs to get their heads out of their @$$e$ about, is getting bikes ready for the dealerships and ready for sale right after the unveiling at Sturgis.

·
Registered
733 Posts
That may be a good thought but it may also be the trucking companies and how they are looking to deliver the bikes in the best distribution method. Amazon has this down but I expect indian is trying to get them delivered in the most efficient way without thinking everyone would be talking about when they are in line with orders. Isn't the Internet fun when we can talk all over the country and see what they are doing.

Knowledge is power! Maybe they should have done all the warm areas first........I wonder how that would have gone.......we could have really started a war over that.....Happy holidays and you should be able to take sales tax deduction in 2014......I doubt IRS would notice if your baby arrived late....
Good guess might be its a combination of all these factors build, network, trucking, weather, and overwhelmed dealers to smooth out the wrinkles. Also a shot of optimism says they have another week untill its January 2015.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts