Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still snowing up here in the north, so thought I would ask a few questions that I can't fine definitive
answers to.

1. Anyone find a bracket for the Classic that will mount a Cobra low sissy bar? I have a new Cobra
bar,pad and back piece that I think would look good on the bike.
2. I have a standard 15 inch Indian windshield and I get a lot of buffeting and the top is in my line of sight.
I bought a 7Jurock 13 inch shield which I look over but the buffeting is still there. So much so that my eyes
go blurry and my teeth chatter. I have tried the Indian lowers which helped some but not enough.
My next plan is to buy a Freedom 14 inch flip windshield to see if that will stop the turbulent wind hitting my helmet. I wear an Aria 3/4 with a shield and without the windshield the air is as smooth as glass over the helmet.

I know a lot of riders on here don't get any buffeting but I haven't figured this out yet.
Any info on the brackets and the flip windshield would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I installed a 7Jurock 14" Curved on my Vintage. A world of difference. I also use a 3/4 helmet with a small visor. That visor could be a contributing factor for you - i.e., too big. I had one (about 2" out from actual helmet and when riding with no windshield, buffeting was a big issue. Smaller visor size, less buffeting. With the 7Jurock, no buffeting at all - with any type visor.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I installed a 7Jurock 14" Curved on my Vintage. A world of difference. I also use a 3/4 helmet with a small visor. That visor could be a contributing factor for you - i.e., too big. I had one (about 2" out from actual helmet and when riding with no windshield, buffeting was a big issue. Smaller visor size, less buffeting. With the 7Jurock, no buffeting at all - with any type visor.
Thanks for the response. Going to try a “flip” shield. I get less buffeting with a beanie but don’t feel safe riding with one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts