Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Silver member
5,294 Posts
You can the ez clutch which will make it is to pull, but a bit of a pain to install...

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Consider switching to Barnett cable. Not an expensive upgrade but many have noticed a decrease in lever effort. For me about 20-25%. That meant a lot to me since I am stuck in heavy traffic every now and then and constantly on the clutch at those times.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Consider switching to Barnett cable. Not an expensive upgrade but many have noticed a decrease in lever effort. For me about 20-25%. That meant a lot to me since I am stuck in heavy traffic every now and then and constantly on the clutch at those times.
This is for a 2003 Gilroy Chief.....EZ Clutch is about your only choice......

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all. Sorry for late reply but somehow the alert function that lets me know there is a reply to my message did not work.
I had not heard of EZ Clutch. When I googled it I got Burley brand. I did not find a model on that site to fit my bike.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello all, I would like to know where and how to get a EZ clutch as well. Not having any luck at all finding anything about it. My clutch just wears you out after only abour 10-15 mins. 2003 scout, S&S. Any info at all would be much appreciated.

·
Silver member
5,294 Posts
Here you go.

EZ-Pull Clutch Kit

You may or may not need a shorter clutch cable when you install this. It depends on the adjustment once it is installed. Should have about the thickness of a dime between the cable and the clutch lever when it is adjusted correctly. Mine used up all the adjustment in the cable and barely worked, but I have a longer clutch cable then what came from the factory...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Man you the best!! I lubed it up with a silicone based lubricant and man it's way better. Hoping it just needs used since it sat for so long. I've gotten it to run a whole lot better today it's still stumbling when giving any throttle. If you don't slowly increase throttle it will die but starts right back up. Will be tearing it down shortly to see what's up.

·
Silver member
5,294 Posts
Try some of that "Dry Slide" cable lube. It is graphite and will last a long time now that the cable is cleaned up.

I am guessing your jets, float bowl, are all clogged up from sitting too long. You can pull the adjustments for the S&S carb off their website. Maybe start off as if it was brand new and reset all your air, throttle, settings.

Good luck. Sounds like you're going through the bike pretty good!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well just took the best ride of my life. 30 degrees and never been happier. Found a bunch of stuff in the carb. Some of it looked like sand and other stuff looked like pulp from oranges. It was clear though. Thanks everyone. I keep posting updates.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts