Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rider
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need some info on the pre ride command stereo. I had a speaker bust. I grabbed a set of Kickers from Walmart to get me by, and while they do sound better than my stockers, I thank a little more wattage would help them sound better. My question is does anyone know what the bike puts out RMS stock? And is the power coming from the head unit or does it have a separate amp from the factory? My speakers are only 50W RMS, so before I go spend money on a small amp I’d like to know what the factory radio puts out. If it already puts close to that out I’ll be wasting money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
388 Posts
The only way to get sound is from the factory amp as far as I know. If there is a way to bypass it I haven't figured it out yet... and currently running about 1200 watts on my Indian chieftain. Running 4 8s and 2 bullet tweeters

·
Registered
527 Posts
The only way to get sound is from the factory amp as far as I know. If there is a way to bypass it I haven't figured it out yet... and currently running about 1200 watts on my Indian chieftain. Running 4 8s and 2 bullet tweeters
You can do an inline class d amp
No remote wire
Input from stock amp turns on the inline

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts