Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Stenengard Back with Indian...

5785 Views 106 Replies 37 Participants Last post by  TkTrevor
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

· Founding member / distinguished
5,600 Posts
But, is he aware that one can also place a motorcycle's foot controls under the rider rather than out in front of the rider?

Sometimes, us young whippersnappers (67, in my case) don't always want our feet to arrive before our asses.

· Silver member
3,636 Posts
That's very exciting. Probably one of the best bike designers in the world right now.
I hadn't heard of him but the write up is pretty impressive. Being able to attract a person of that caliber is another indication that Indian has a lot of ambition for the brand, and plans to back it up.

Patience all you "parts bin" naysayers, patience.

· Founding member
1,741 Posts
I had just read about this and I am very excited that he will help Indian grow in a new direction. Based on his resume it seems he will be building great bikes outside of the cruiser realm, not that I have anything against cruisers but I believe Indian can't and shouldn't be a "one trick pony".

My only concern is it almost sounds like he was hired specifically to build a production street legal FTR1200, and if they are only just now hiring the guy who's going to build it, then holy $h!+ Indian, get it together. I mean I want them to get it right and if he's the man for the job then great, but they have been building towards this since Victory was Polaris's motorcycle division and the segment they are looking to get into is hot, and a great bike will always be a great bike, but trends only last so long and they are already late to the party.

Reactions: 2506

· Registered
395 Posts
Never heard of him. Reading his "resume" I do not expect much from him. He'll probably be gone in 2019.

· Founding Member/ Moderator Emeritus
4,862 Posts

· Founding member
1,741 Posts
Never heard of him. Reading his "resume" I do not expect much from him. He'll probably be gone in 2019.
I had never heard of him either, but then again I'm not familiar with most people who work in motorcycle design. What makes you think he won't do a good job or what in his prior work didn't you like?

· Registered
395 Posts
I had never heard of him either, but then again I'm not familiar with most people who work in motorcycle design. What makes you think he won't do a good job or what in his prior work didn't you like?
Looked at the bikes from one of the companies he worked for. My opinion is they are ugly bikes. I'm sure Indian could have hired an American with better ideas. Unless Indian hired that guy to design a adventure bike he will be a failure. At least they did not hire a Teutul.

· Founding member
1,741 Posts
Looked at the bikes from one of the companies he worked for. My opinion is they are ugly bikes. I'm sure Indian could have hired an American with better ideas. Unless Indian hired that guy to design a adventure bike he will be a failure. At least they did not hire a Teutul.
I liked Unique Custom Cycles, and the BMW R 9 T is gorgeous in my opinion.

· I want to go fast.
1,243 Posts
He's designed some very cool looking motorcycles, and built some very not-BMW looking BMWs. I'm optimistic that we'll see some interesting Indians that are trying to appeal to a younger demographic while still giving nods to the heritage. While I might love my valenced fenders, they aren't for everyone. I'm interested to see what comes out of the design shop in the next two years.

· Bronze member
5,053 Posts
But, is he aware that one can also place a motorcycle's foot controls under the rider rather than out in front of the rider?

Sometimes, us young whippersnappers (67, in my case) don't always want our feet to arrive before our asses.
Daily funny:

What is the last thing to go through a bug's mind as he hits your windshield?
His feet.
:)

· Founding member / Distinguished
5,912 Posts
We're in the business of custom bikes of all kinds, and in our world he is considered one of the most important designers. He brought BMW into superbikes, sportbikes, and most recently the R Nine T platform which has a cafe, a scrambler, a standard and a tracker. If he is trusted with the FTR and takes Indian the same direction, there are many more Indians in our future.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.