Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Damn, I should have waited to buy my Chieftain DH. Could have saved 4K. But, the drive back from St. Louis to SC would have been a SOB this time of year.

Bubba

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Those are steep discounts. They have a lot of inventory..didn't do their planning too well.

·
Registered
179 Posts
If you deduct the trade in monies from my local dealer like on these advertised bikes, they pretty much are the same price.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Yeah, I just paid $22,000 for an 18 Chieftain DH in Sept. I coulda saved a bunch. But my dealer is only 89 miles away instead of 7 hundred or more. I’m not too upset though, since I paid for it with the proceeds from selling my Hardley.

Bubba

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Dang and I thought I got a good deal on an 18' Chieftain for 18k out the door.
They really do make good deals. I bought my 17 RM for $26.4 O.T.D. In Jan of 17 (it was new MY). $4500 off all in. See Kevin Wittig.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Wow. Good deals! Last time I was in there they didn't seem to interested in selling Indians. Makes me wonder if their gonna stop all together.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow. Good deals! Last time I was in there they didn't seem to interested in selling Indians. Makes me wonder if their gonna stop all together.
When was that? In early 17 they were battling with Polaris because the Apparel and Accessories were sold on the other side of the building away from the Indian showroom.
They built that Showroom just for Indian but due to property easement couldn't make it big enough for apparel & accessories.
Both sides were threatening to sue.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Man I'm even seeing 2019 now for 2.99 for 60, plus $1,000 off. I just bought a Jade 18, but really wanted a burgundy 18 or 19 doesn't matter. If I'd just waited 2 weeks lol. Oh well!!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
When was that? In early 17 they were battling with Polaris because the Apparel and Accessories were sold on the other side of the building away from the Indian showroom.
They built that Showroom just for Indian but due to property easement couldn't make it big enough for apparel & accessories.
Both sides were threatening to sue.
Back in September I went by and all the bikes were packed in that little showroom and all the salesman were over by the atv's and never offer any help or assistance or said hello... I finally found the clothing and accessories on my own. Back when I first went in there in 2016 they were super helpful and wanted to sell me a bike. Even let ride one.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Back in September I went by and all the bikes were packed in that little showroom and all the salesman were over by the atv's and never offer any help or assistance or said hello... I finally found the clothing and accessories on my own. Back when I first went in there in 2016 they were super helpful and wanted to sell me a bike. Even let ride one.
They only have one offical Indian salesman. Kevin Wittig and hes pretty territorial. Lol! That said, if hes off or messing with something else, I can see how you'd get that impression.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts