Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a recent trend in posts. I'll call them the "Whining Posts." This recent wave of complaining, bitching, crying was expected I guess. Not welcomed, but expected.
Here are but a few and my answers; No offense to any member.
1) The pipes are hot. Yes they are just like my car and all other bikes.
2) I bought yesterday and today they are offering $1000 discount. Enjoy your bike, timing was off. No 2 deals are the same. No 2 dealerships are the same. I bought my wife a HD a week after buying my Vintage. Financed $14,000 @ 3.99% and 3 days later could have gotten .99% on the financing. That's the way the cookie crumbles
3) My dealer charges $1069 for dealer fees. Go to another dealership. Mine charged $695. It's a big country.
4) Vets get $1000 discount. Yes we served our country. Polaris way of saying thank you. You should thank us as well.
5) Accessories take too long to arrive and too expensive. Yes they do. Don't buy them if too much money. It has gotten better but needs to improve.
6) Maintenance too expensive at dealer. Isn't it always??
7) The Tan Leather fades. Yes it is real leather not dyed very well. Fixable.
8) The chrome is cheap. The chrome was included. Buy that much on an HD and see what it costs. It will be same stuff for a lot more $$!
9) Soft paint. Don't know. I do know HD has always used some of the best in the business. Keep it waxed.

That's enough for now. I'll end with this tidbit. When I ride this bike I just love it. A perpetual smile. My dealer has been 1st class all the way as has Polaris. I got a thank you clock. I got a X-mas card. I got coupons for the holidays. I got a survey which was quite detailed. I got a great cat in service named Junior. But the thing I love the most is the whoots and hollers and thumbs up I get from young and old alike, from HD riders (not all) from other bikers and non riders when I ride around town. Can't be beat. You were promised a great bike, not a Rose Garden.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Now don't you feel better :D and I agree

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
You kind of have to be a :D

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I noticed a recent trend in posts. I'll call them the "Whining Posts." This recent wave of complaining, bitching, crying was expected I guess. Not welcomed, but expected.
2) I bought yesterday and today they are offering $1000 discount. Enjoy your bike, timing was off. No 2 deals are the same. No 2 dealerships are the same. I bought my wife a HD a week after buying my Vintage. Financed $14,000 @ 3.99% and 3 days later could have gotten .99% on the financing. That's the way the cookie crumbles
3) My dealer charges $1069 for dealer fees. Go to another dealership. Mine charged $695. It's a big country.
4) Vets get $1000 discount. Yes we served our country. Polaris way of saying thank you. You should thank us as well.
5) Accessories take too long to arrive and too expensive. Yes they do. Don't buy them if too much money. It has gotten better but needs to improve.
8) The chrome is cheap. The chrome was included. Buy that much on an HD and see what it costs. It will be same stuff for a lot more $$!
9) Soft paint. Don't know. I do know HD has always used some of the best in the business. Keep it waxed.

That's enough for now. I'll end with this tidbit. When I ride this bike I just love it. A perpetual smile. My dealer has been 1st class all the way as has Polaris. I got a thank you clock. I got a X-mas card. I got coupons for the holidays. I got a survey which was quite detailed. I got a great cat in service named Junior. But the thing I love the most is the whoots and hollers and thumbs up I get from young and old alike, from HD riders (not all) from other bikers and non riders when I ride around town. Can't be beat. You were promised a great bike, not a Rose Garden.
You remind me of Rick Mercer

·
Registered
419 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Forgot the belt buckle, what other company has done this for customers certainly not HD
Hey! I didn't get one! :mad:

That's my humorous post for the day :D

I got a great bike, anything else they throw my way is just gravy. Thank you Indian Motorcycles for it all (especially the great bike!).

·
Registered
103 Posts
We all are lucky enough to be able to buy a motorcycle. It is a want purchase not a need. What right do we have to complain about it? Go out and ride. Feel lucky.

·
Registered
796 Posts
:):)I want I want is that all we have to complain about ? I bought an Indian to put a smile on MY FACE and don't really care about the others.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts