Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Indian scout owner here. OEM starter is acting up. Was there ever a recall issued ? I hope all the old stock starters must be gone from shelves by now, right ?
Indian dealer is 2 hr away and thinking local bike shop for service . Also Amazon or dealer replacement starter ?
Any other thoughts ?
Thx

·
Administrator
22,595 Posts
I am not aware of a recall on the 2015 Scout starters, but a quick call to your local dealership can get a fast and definitive answer. OEM starters should still be available. If your 2015 starter lasted this long, I would lean towards them as a replacement (vs aftermarket). Starters are a bolt-on item so local wrench s/b okay.

·
Bronze member
1,366 Posts
Yes there was a flaw fixed around 2017 in the starter that warranted a service bulletin. I had mine fixed for free under warranty. Some people have gotten Polaris to cover part or all of it even afterwards.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Matter of fact , yes !
I reached out to Indian customer service and spoke to Kelly .
She checked the vin # and saw I am the original owner with a expired 5 yr warranty . She said they were aware of the scout stater issues and Indian would goodwill the replacement starter. Parts and labor . She gave me a
Case # for the dealership.
The dealership , (service manager)
Was very skeptical and kinda rude.
Service is scheduled for next week. .

·
Bronze member
1,366 Posts
Matter of fact , yes !
I reached out to Indian customer service and spoke to Kelly .
She checked the vin # and saw I am the original owner with a expired 5 yr warranty . She said they were aware of the scout stater issues and Indian would goodwill the replacement starter. Parts and labor . She gave me a
Case # for the dealership.
The dealership , (service manager)
Was very skeptical and kinda rude.
Service is scheduled for next week. .
Nice. And if the dealer continues to give you shit, again call Polaris and let them know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts