Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
eWhen I tried to start the bike I heard a loud pop coming from the speaker and the bike shuts off. Sometimes it will come back on and allow me to start the bike. Sometimes it stays off. A couple weeks ago the sound on my speakers went to almost nothing but you could still see the music playing. I would shut the bike off and turn it back on and it worked again. Anybody have any thing like this happen to them?

·
Silver member
4,987 Posts
Is the audio system completely stock or has it been modified? And what year?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Had a loud pop once, had me worried as the pop as it was really loud, found out the battery was really low (dead) and bike would not start, screen would not even come up
Charged up the battery and it started, no issues since. Did go get a new battery.

Getting really tired of baby sitting a batteries on these new bikes, might as well have an electric bike for the amount of time it is plugged into a wall. Technology is fine but this sucks.

·
Bronze member
2,987 Posts
There have been a few electrical problems mentioned on here [I had one too] which turned out to be nothing more than a loose battery ground cable connection where it attached to the frame rail.Either it was not tightened enough from the factory,or it came loose from vibration and needed to be tightened.So there's a starting point for ya! Check it out!

·
Bronze member
2,165 Posts
Second the check the battery connections & charge level 1st then go from there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts