Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few weeks back I installed the high flow air cleaner (round one) and to match up to my TAB zombies. I took it to dealer to have stage one flash done. Bike runs great, sounds great, noticed more get up and go, but it smells like it is running rich. You know the smell....its not gasoline just that rich smell, especially after I shut it down. Is this normal?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to mention that its a 19 Chieftain Limited.

·
Silver member
5,113 Posts
How long have you had the Stage 1 installed with the new flash?

The Bosch ECM is a learning module that stores history, so it will take some miles for the new flash to settle in. Once you reflash the old engine data is lost and the ECM starts adjusting to the new air flow, throttle habits etc...

·
Rider
986 Posts
How long does it take to adjust? I know I was told to try a tune for 100 miles to see if I like it. I would imagine within that mileage the ECM would have made the changes and tweaked the tune.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How long have you had the Stage 1 installed with the new flash?

The Bosch ECM is a learning module that stores history, so it will take some miles for the new flash to settle in. Once you reflash the old engine data is lost and the ECM starts adjusting to the new air flow, throttle habits etc...
It's been about 200 miles so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts