Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Rider
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who thinks Indian will have a stage 4 kit for the pre 2020 bikes that are already at stage 3? It would consist of the new heads and injectors.

To me a new 2020 bike with a 2020 stage 2 kit is really like a stage 4 because it would have everything my 2019 with the stage 3 BBK has with the addition of upgraded heads and injectors. Am I wrong??

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Who thinks Indian will have a stage 4 kit for the pre 2020 bikes that are already at stage 3? It would consist of the new heads and injectors.
I would have trouble seeing that from what I know right now... But IF they have a new cylinder head design that adds something significant to the performance equation, Maybe. I would hazard a guess that most of the performance gains would probably be on the top-end horsepower and small in magnitude where the existing head flows already perform fairly well with the current BBKs.

Injectors are not likely any kind of issue for anyone - inexpensive parts and very easy to install. Tuning around them may be another matter though. I installed the 350cc injectors with my BBK, and then went back to the 300cc originals. No performance changes at all even though the 300cc flow-rates are around (80% or 90% I think) capacity at WOT high-revs. I can see some probable improvement where an engine would actually exceed that flow-rate though, just not terribly likely with existing displacement and engine design.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts