Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Premium Member
great product!

Registered
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
After returning my Rinehart header due to the scraping issue I decided to keep the Jackpot header and install. I will be removing the Stage 1 Indian pipes and replacing with the stock pipes for my stage 3 setup. I will deplug the original pipes per Craig's suggestion. Hopefully the noise level will be tamped down just a bit for better music on long trips. I will update the success of the install. Starting here in a few to begin the garage floor laying down process..lol

Registered
Hi Sludad,

Any chance you would be willing to post an audio recording of your set up? Maybe give us your opinion/ description of it? I'm looking for a nice throaty/bassy rumble at idle and moderate cruising volume. I've read good things about the jackpot (and I'd love to de-cat the scooter) but I'm concerned it will be too noisy for the neighbors. Other that that, I'm looking at rush or tab slip one with 2.5 inch baffles. Thanks.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Here is a link to the video that I took of the setup. Stage 3 kit with Jackpot header and stock mufflers with plugs drilled out with 1.5 Inch bi metal hole saw. Sounds quite good to me and it is noticeably louder than totally stock bike but not as loud as the stage one Indian pipes with factory header. I like it. I may try a stock pipe for the hell of it. If and when I do I will update.
Hi Sludad,

Any chance you would be willing to post an audio recording of your set up? Maybe give us your opinion/ description of it? I'm looking for a nice throaty/bassy rumble at idle and moderate cruising volume. I've read good things about the jackpot (and I'd love to de-cat the scooter) but I'm concerned it will be too noisy for the neighbors. Other that that, I'm looking at rush or tab slip one with 2.5 inch baffles. Thanks.

Registered
Anyone with the BBK 116, Indian stage 1, and voodoo that can do a sound clip with the jackpot pipe?

Registered
Thanks Sludad. I like the sound of your setup a lot. I appreciate the vid with the jackpots and drilled stock pipes. Hard to find audio for that combo. Nice look'n bike ya got there too.

Here is a link to the video that I took of the setup. Stage 3 kit with Jackpot header and stock mufflers with plugs drilled out with 1.5 Inch bi metal hole saw. Sounds quite good to me and it is noticeably louder than totally stock bike but not as loud as the stage one Indian pipes with factory header. I like it. I may try a stock I drilled pipe for the hell of it. If and when I do I will update.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
I figured I would try another experiment. Today I installed the stock (undrilled) mufflers on the bike with the plugs still intact. The setup was as before listed above but with the stock mufflers. I took it for a 50 mile run. First impression was the bike is only slightly louder than stock due to the Jackpot header. I ran it up to 80 a few times under full throttle and did a few top gear pulls to 90 or so from 50 mph. I honestly cannot feel any weakness at all in the rev band compared to the Stock (drilled mufflers) or even the Indian Stage 1 mufflers. I gotta say that the stock mufflers on my stage 3 bike with the Jackpot header sounds fricken good and while still slightly louder than a stock bike it is deep and resonant. I honestly feel no discernible difference from the butt dyno although an actual dyno comparison would reveal subtle differences I bet. My conclusion thus far from my unscientific approach is that you can spend your money on mufflers mostly for sound as the power differences are pretty negligible I am betting. I like it the way it is now and will stick with this setup. More road time coming this weekend. We will give it a good few hundred miles in all areas to shake it out good. The stock Indian pipes are pretty damn good right off the bat I am finding. Don't be fooled into thinking you need this or that pipe unless you love to throw money at your baby and trust me I do too but very happy as is right now. Any opinion changes will be followed up here.

Bronze member
And right there is where personal preference meets nirvana - when the bike sounds like you want it to, and your dynobutt, (with your driving style) cannot detect anything "negative" power-wise..

But, if "reality" is that one slipon/baffle size costs X hp or Y trq, from RQ - SQ rpm range, than another, what would those variables need to be to "alter a personal preference"..? I say this because personal preferences are malleable - a favorite today may not be the favorite, at some point, sooner or later.

For instance: If the dynobutt is all "thumbs-up", but the dyno shows you have 7 lb ft less every millisecond you are at WOT trying to pass a Semi, would you refit with the better performing slipon ?

It's very much a personal "thing"...

BTW, Tabs w 2.5" baffles have been shown to lose 7 lb ft TRQ over Indian Stage 1's - Zombies will lose even more !

Reactions: Sludad and Hairy

Registered
And right there is where personal preference meets nirvana - when the bike sounds like you want it to, and your dynobutt, (with your driving style) cannot detect anything "negative" power-wise..

But, if "reality" is that one slipon/baffle size costs X hp or Y trq, from RQ - SQ rpm range, than another, what would those variables need to be to "alter a personal preference"..? I say this because personal preferences are malleable - a favorite today may not be the favorite, at some point, sooner or later.

For instance: If the dynobutt is all "thumbs-up", but the dyno shows you have 7 lb ft less every millisecond you are at WOT trying to pass a Semi, would you refit with the better performing slipon ?

BTW, Tabs w 2.5" baffles have been shown to lose 7 lb ft TRQ over Indian Stage 1's - Zombies will lose even more !
The main reason I changed pipes was too reduce heat by eliminating the cat, the sound is good though. Like you said today's favorite may not be tomorrow and the Butt dyno is not always accurate. Interesting to see how the beast performs when blasting along with your Cobbers.
I would have thought stage 3 would want to breathe better however a extra 5 cubes is not a massive percentage increase but should have a fair increased torque reading. Like they say though " No substitute for cubes" Anyway it is a boy thing "Bigger is better" ha ha.
Looking forward to reading about your opinion after a longer ride.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14

I agree with you and have not had the butt dyno calibrated lately. LOL I find this to be my favorite combo so far as it is not excessively loud so my stereo is heard better on the road and it still roars while on the throttle. I may do another Youtube video to compare it with the drilled stock pipes..

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
I have the set of 2018 Chieftain mufflers that were carefully and cleanly drilled out 1.5 inches to remove the plug as in my above video for sale as I will keep the stock muffler configuration. If anyone wants the deplugged pipes I will take 60.00 plus whatever shipping costs are. They are in beautiful condition with no damage. very low miles and bright and shiny..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts