Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to add stage 3 cams to my road master. I've heard that I may need new springs? I have a full stage 2 done currently along with a full Rhinehart exhaust system.

I know that I will need to do a custom tune. Anything else?

Thank you in advance.

·
Silver member
4,648 Posts
You should replace the Valve Springs for sure. Depending on where you purchase your PV3, if you have not yet purchase through FuelmotoUSA to get their tune for your setup.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not bought it yet. Everything i have read makes me want to use you CraigB1960 for my tune. Is there a certain spring you recommend?

·
Silver member
4,648 Posts
I have not bought it yet. Everything i have read makes me want to use you CraigB1960 for my tune. Is there a certain spring you recommend?
If you are changing out with the heads on, then the high lift spring for 2019, 2020, & BBK work fine. If taking heads off, I would consider getting them ported and new valves installed from Indian V-Twin Performance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
@CraigB1960 , I looked on the fuel moto site. I could not find a tune for the bbk cams in a 111. Is there a tune they will give you when you get u r tuner or do you have to pay them the 299 for a remote tune?

·
Silver member
4,648 Posts
@CraigB1960 , I looked on the fuel moto site. I could not find a tune for the bbk cams in a 111. Is there a tune they will give you when you get u r tuner or do you have to pay them the 299 for a remote tune?
When you purchase the PV3 as part of their support I provide the tune when you do a tune request.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts