Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a set of Stage 2 slip ons for sale.

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,285 Posts
Indian only markets a Stage One slip-on. They're pricey and don't make a lot of noise. Any aftermarket slip-on mufflers would be louder. How loud you want is up to you.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Indian only markets a Stage One slip-on. They're pricey and don't make a lot of noise. Any aftermarket slip-on mufflers would be louder. How loud you want is up to you.
I realize they don't make them . I have the stage 2 on my Roadmaster and the prior owner took off the slip ons and put the stock ones back on. Hence my performance sucks and have a stalling issue. I was told by a mechanic to put on different pipes to solve the issue.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I changed cam, air cleaner and pipes. Then removed the cat. Felt like it was too loud and put the stock mufflers back on. It seems to be the same volume as the stage mufflers were before removing the cat and I can't tell any difference in performance.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,285 Posts
Any mufflers that have a straight through core like a glass pack should work. Some flow better than others as well as differences in the sound quality and level. The stock headers actually out perform most aftermarket ones. Removing the catalyst reduces heat but doesn't really make much if any difference in performance.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
We have a large selection of all types... mostly used and in good condition. Indian original parts are priced very high... aftermarket seems to be the best value - along with a few minor quality concerns. I am using Vance & Hines on my main daily drivers and the sound and performance is a good balance.

·
Silver member
4,570 Posts
I realize they don't make them . I have the stage 2 on my Roadmaster and the prior owner took off the slip ons and put the stock ones back on. Hence my performance sucks and have a stalling issue. I was told by a mechanic to put on different pipes to solve the issue.
In the mean time, if the stock ones still have the plugs down the middle, punch them out. Perform will be equal to all other performance slip-ons you can buy.

If you don't have a tuner consider the PV3. With that and a decent tune, your stalling should not be occurring. Stage 2 factory calibration is not the best.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Bronze member
1,756 Posts
I have Stage 1 on my Indian but found a like new set for around $3-350? So if you go that route search for a set of take-offs
I have Fullsac cores on my CVO. Not sure if they make them for Indians or not?
But I like the sound and was able to keep my factory look to the exhaust system
Fullsac Performance |

They might be Harley specific but if they don’t have them. Another company may be making them for Indian

DD42A021-D7F5-448E-A05D-4E76BEBB59C5.jpeg

274BA3A3-6927-48DC-8000-1237503A8BF9.jpeg

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We have a large selection of all types... mostly used and in good condition. Indian original parts are priced very high... aftermarket seems to be the best value - along with a few minor quality concerns. I am using Vance & Hines on my main daily drivers and the sound and performance is a good balance.
Do you have a link to check them out??

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
The factory stage 2 tune is horrible, I had a Chieftain with Indian parts through stage 2 and with the Factory tune. I now have the bike updated to a PCVX/PV3 tune, much better manners.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You might look into sending the stockers off to American Customs to get the Bombers treatment -- they cut out the stock baffle, and weld in a performance one. If on your own mufflers, they are very reasonable with a great turn around time -- and they sound great.

I found a set of Vance & Hines Classics at the Kansas City, KS Indian dealership on clearance after the Holidays this past January -- were blowing them out for about the same price as the Bombers, and they also sound great.

One of my favorite looks was the Indian Stage 1 with the Six-Shooter tips, but I couldn't afford them at the time, and the ones I have are great.

One downside to all aftermarket units is the propensity to catch the tips on steep driveways and other road transitions vs.the stock mufflers -- one reason I am really considering going back to the Bomber converted units.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
I changed cam, air cleaner and pipes. Then removed the cat. Felt like it was too loud and put the stock mufflers back on. It seems to be the same volume as the stage mufflers were before removing the cat and I can't tell any difference in performance.
That is interesting I would like too know what the DB is at say around 2,500 RPM if you could get someone to do a DB reading ,I would love to see what it is with the de cat and standard mufflers please?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The factory stage 2 tune is horrible, I had a Chieftain with Indian parts through stage 2 and with the Factory tune. I now have the bike updated to a PCVX/PV3 tune, much better manners.
Whats the cost for the upgrade?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Pics on the way. Email sent. Thanks
God I love how we all try and help each other on this great forum.There are so few forums where you asked for help and no one gives a shit. This one you always get at the minimum one reply or more . Thanks fellow members for helping other members make this forum the fantastic forum that it really is.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts