Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of difference can I expect from adding stage 2 cams to a stage 1 bike?

·
Registered
31 Posts
What kind of difference can I expect from adding stage 2 cams to a stage 1 bike?
Just recently had the Indian stage 2 cams installed. Was debating between the Lloydz 558's or the Indian stage 2's. Decided to go the Indian route for a couple of reasons, the first being warranty. As the owner of a Springfield, I was looking for a little extra boost on the highway that just wasn't there with the stock cams. I have it now and it is more than enough to get the job done. You will notice it when you get on the throttle and hit those mid range rpm's, seems a bit smoother also. These big bagger's weren't meant to win any races and that isn't what my intention was in having the cams installed. You need to decide for yourself what you feel is right for you. I am very happy with the result of the installation, and the bike sounds awesome too.

·
Rider
362 Posts
I went with the Indian cams. Feels like the bike has longer legs on the highway. Nothing massive, but noticeably less effort on the highway. The idle lope sounds sweet as well. Like most Indian would not be my choice if I was chasing numbers and or my warranty was a non issue.

·
Bronze member
1,703 Posts
Yes, i would choose 558 over s2 unless warranty is concern. the indian s3 cam is intriguing, if we can get them

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yes, i would choose 558 over s2 unless warranty is concern. the indian s3 cam is intriguing, if we can get them
I got a set of the stg3 cams for cheap, hoping to install in about 2 weeks and tune with Craig. Will keep you guys posted. Hopefully get a Dyno run in after tunning is all set

1 - 16 of 16 Posts