Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Already had the Freedom Liberty slips ons with a thunder stroke filter when I purchased the bike. I upgraded to stage 2 cams and had the Freedom head pipes installed at an Indian dealer. I bought the Dynojet thinking everything would workk out.

Popping, both deceleration and sometime acceleration. It also stalled at a busy New Jersey intersection while taking off before getting in gear tonight (on a slight downward hill). The bike has 1500 miles and has not stalled yet.

The bike also seemed hot. It says dc 14.4.

Any help would be appreciated. Just bring it back to the dealer? Have a good night all.

·
Bronze member
2,166 Posts
I'd say take it back to the dealer for sure and call Fuel Moto. See if they'll help you out, good luck.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I wonder how common this happens the 1st time out of the shop. I am hoping they just need to fine tune, but what concerns me is the Dynojet reading must have been acceptable to release the bike.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I have Indian AC, exhaust, and S2 cams. Not sure which flash version from Indian, but whatever they give you with the S2 cams. My bike runs good, but does have a pop on decel.
What Dynojet product are you using?

·
Silver member
4,635 Posts
Sounds to me they might not have flashed a stage 2 calibration. They should do that first, than using the correct tune from Dynojet or FuelMoto (if purchased from them) they should flash that. I am not sure if Dynojet has a stage 2 setup with the Freedom True Duals?

When you say Dynojet reading, what exactly are you saying? Did they put your bike on a Dynojet dyno and tune it or just load in a tune from Dynojet?

·
Registered
78 Posts
As far as the stall, what is your idle set at? My set up is very close to yours (Freedom true duals, cams, T-stroke A/C, PVCX). Mine idles at 700 and I've had a few stalls when stopped, and begin to accelerate say, from a stop light. Mine idles at 700, and after I called about a few stalls, FuelMoto suggested raising the idle up to 900 or 1,000. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Axxehead-I am
V2Neal-Fuel Moto PV-29002 PVCX
CraiB196-No Dyn0, just load a tune
Navitimer-750-800 RPM idle

·
Silver member
4,635 Posts
Axxehead-I am
V2Neal-Fuel Moto PV-29002 PVCX
CraiB196-No Dyn0, just load a tune
Navitimer-750-800 RPM idle
Make sure the dealer flashed the Factory Stage 2 before they use the Fuel Moto tune. The Indian Stage 2 tunes from FuelMoto and Dynojet were developed with the Factory Stage 2 calibration as the base.

Make sure they flashed a Fuelmoto tune and did not just use a tune that was already on the PVCX. They have to email the PV_Info.txt file to FuelMoto and then FM sends their tune specific to your build.

If all of the above is good, 750 to 800 is low idle for a stage 2 cam, I would bump it up as per Navitimer states.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"Make sure the dealer flashed the Factory Stage 2 before they use the Fuel Moto tune."

What if they didn't?

·
Silver member
4,635 Posts
"Make sure the dealer flashed the Factory Stage 2 before they use the Fuel Moto tune."

What if they didn't?
Have them flash the Stage 2 calibration using their Digital Wrench, than re-flash the Fuelmoto tune that was sent to them by Fuelmoto using the PVCX.

They might not of done the factory calibration since they they knew they were going with the PVCX. In any case, you got the factory calibration card when you bought the stage 2 cams, just verify that they used it. That way you know that the calibration Fuelmoto developed for your combination is exactly what you have in your ECU.

·
Rider
974 Posts
Thank you CraigB. I just called them. All set.
Hey Jersey Devil, any update as to what the dealer did. Did you figure out what the original problem was? How is the bike running?
I have Catless stock headers, big air, Rineharts, and Stage 2 Cam, and bike idles at 750-800. Bike also stalled a few times while upshifting (and blipping the throttle). Was thinking about the PVCX, but curious whether it fixed your issues.
Also did you have any clacking noise during acceleration? If so, did the PVCX alleviate that?

Thanks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Jersey Devil, any update as to what the dealer did. Did you figure out what the original problem was? How is the bike running?
I have Catless stock headers, big air, Rineharts, and Stage 2 Cam, and bike idles at 750-800. Bike also stalled a few times while upshifting (and blipping the throttle). Was thinking about the PVCX, but curious whether it fixed your issues.
Also did you have any clacking noise during acceleration? If so, did the PVCX alleviate that?

Thanks.
Fetal: They ran the PCVX again and it worked. I am not sure what happened the first time but all is good. It still idles around 800. Sounds and feels great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts