Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a decent video on the Install of stage 2 cams. I looked on youtube and found a 49 second clip that the person who took it didn't even know how to hold the camera. Can anyone direct me to a good video on this? I did find a cam tool, I have to find out the cost of it and see if its worth it or just find a dealership that is reasonable to do the install. any help would be appreciated.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,016 Posts
Honestly I would not try it yourself. Screw something up and drop a lifter or pushrod and now you will have to disassemble the engine to do get it done. I good shop that has experience doing this can normally get things done in a couple of hours. Also then you load the ECM flash for the cams unless you are doing something aftermarket. I have the Dobeck programmer and recommend still doing the factory flash. If for some reason the programmer dies (it is rare but it does happen) you can then just remove the programmer and the bike will still run fine. Dean

·
Registered
671 Posts
Honestly I would not try it yourself. Screw something up and drop a lifter or pushrod and now you will have to disassemble the engine to do get it done. I good shop that has experience doing this can normally get things done in a couple of hours. Also then you load the ECM flash for the cams unless you are doing something aftermarket. I have the Dobeck programmer and recommend still doing the factory flash. If for some reason the programmer dies (it is rare but it does happen) you can then just remove the programmer and the bike will still run fine. Dean
Victory and Indian Motorcycles Sydney on Facebook have a video on cam install for a victory hammer. That may help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also found some great "how to videos " on circumcision. Wanna be my first patient?
I would but first you need a brain to work on me! I have watched many video's and can see how it's done. If you are not mechanically inclined don't do it. I have replaced many cams on bikes, just not these Indians yet. Thanks for the comment, but help would be appreciated in researching this job.

·
Bronze member
2,263 Posts
You'll need the Indian specific cam tool, which if you have to buy it, may negate any labor savings by doing this yourself. Also, as someone posted above, if the cam tool slips on the rear cylinder, you'll wind up having to drop the engine to access the top of that cylinder for disassembly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts