Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put new pipes (Rinehart) and the PowerPlus Stage 1 intake on, but won't have time to take it in for the reflash before I go for a ride with some friends tomorrow. I'm taking it easy since I'm still breaking it in, so I think I'll be okay putting 100 miles or so on without the flash. Or am I wrong about this?

·
Registered
93 Posts
It's fine. Ride it. I have done 200 miles already on mine. Headed in next week for the flash after I install my pipes.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am going to put Rinehart slip-ons and stage 1 air intake on it as soon as I hit 500 miles. Then I want to ride to the dealer to have it flashed.
  1. Is it running poorly without the flash?
  2. How long does it take the dealer typically to flash the ecu?
  3. Did your dealer perform 500 mile service free of charge?
  4. Can you replace the stock air filter with a k&n in the airbox under the gas tank?

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,242 Posts
The general consensus is that nothing will change and your bike will run fine. I've got the stage 1 and Rineharts on mine and I love the combo but I purchased the bike with stage 1 installed.

The flash shouldn't take any longer than a hour. They did my vcm3 in about 30 min but it depends on your dealer.

Some people got it free but not many. It's not a cheap service. I needed mine during the pandemic so I did it and everything else myself. Most people that got it for free seemed to negotiate it in the purchase price.

Last I looked there wasn't a compatible K&N filter for the Challenger yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The general consensus is that nothing will change and your bike will run fine. I've got the stage 1 and Rineharts on mine and I love the combo but I purchased the bike with stage 1 installed.

The flash shouldn't take any longer than a hour. They did my vcm3 in about 30 min but it depends on your dealer.

Some people got it free but not many. It's not a cheap service. I needed mine during the pandemic so I did it and everything else myself. Most people that got it for free seemed to negotiate it in the purchase price.

Last I looked there wasn't a compatible K&N filter for the Challenger yet.
Thanks for the info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts