Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did the Stage 1 pipes and it sounds great. Not too loud when cruising, but has a nice roar when you get on the throttle. Considering the Performance Air Cleaner, but have a little concern about how loud it will be. I'm interested in more performance not volume (California has a lot of "Loud Pipes" laws). Would appreciate comments from those of you who have done the Performance Air Cleaner.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The round one is High flow (and is washable) and the one pictured above is High performance. It is your choice to decide what is important to you. If you get the High Flow, get a rain sock though.

Reactions: Geoff-3 and djbros1

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,016 Posts
They must work pretty good in order to have both the stock air cleaner and the stock mufflers on the Stage Three powered Jack Daniels Springfield.

·
Founding member
434 Posts
I just did the Stage 1 pipes and it sounds great. Not too loud when cruising, but has a nice roar when you get on the throttle. Considering the Performance Air Cleaner, but have a little concern about how loud it will be. I'm interested in more performance not volume (California has a lot of "Loud Pipes" laws). Would appreciate comments from those of you who have done the Performance Air Cleaner.

That air filter will not add any volume you your bike. I have the above air cleaner and stage 1 fishtail pipes on my Vintage, and it sounds great. Not too loud at all. If you want a performance boost that's very noticeable, get a Fuel Moto PVCX and install the appropriate tune.

·
Rider
535 Posts
I have this Stage One air cleaner and V&H Turndowns on my 2017 SF. It does NOT have a reusable, cleanable filter - the filter is PAPER. I had the V&H pipes installed first with the stock bedpan AC. Once the Stage One AC was installed you could hear a difference in the exhaust sound - a little lower octave. And the throttle does seem to be more responsive. Now hoping that a replacement filter soon becomes available. No replacement paper filters have been available since they introduced it.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I do, Indian - I dont have to explain shit to any one - i seen the bike a month before it was released and even posted here, talked to the guys that designed it - believe or dont, don't care

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Rider
535 Posts
The paper replacement air filter for the oval stage 1 intake is part # 5415825 @ $64.99

Need to buy this but I can’t find this part number on the Indian website doing a parts number search. Assuming it’s brand new and they haven’t loaded it yet?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,913 Posts
Need to buy this but I can’t find this part number on the Indian website doing a parts number search. Assuming it’s brand new and they haven’t loaded it yet?
Read in the description of the stage 1 filter. There you will see the part number for the replacement air filter. At that point good luck!!!!! Yes you will need to replace this filter. I believe the normal replacement interval per the Indian manual is 15K, less in dirty conditions. Nobody has them or stocks them. Some serious lacking on Indian's part and K&N has not come up for a replacement for this setup. Only the original air cleaner. Dean

·
Registered
541 Posts
No, you will have to go to a dealer.
The only way you can get that air filter is to order it out of the stage 1 kit, only dealers can do that.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Read in the description of the stage 1 filter. There you will see the part number for the replacement air filter. At that point good luck!!!!! Yes you will need to replace this filter. I believe the normal replacement interval per the Indian manual is 15K, less in dirty conditions. Nobody has them or stocks them. Some serious lacking on Indian's part and K&N has not come up for a replacement for this setup. Only the original air cleaner. Dean
Read the instructions, this air filter is every 10k

1 - 20 of 22 Posts