Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the Stage 1 performance air intake (the oblong one, not the round open one). Item # 2881779-521 $519.99 on the Indian website. Comes with a flash and installation. I would rather buy the air cleaner and install it myself (then get the Fuel Moto flash) but didnt see that as an option.

Any one know where I can buy the kit separately?

·
Bronze member
3,472 Posts
used... Fuel Moto recommends having it flashed before you put one of their tunes in...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all.

I am not adding anything major but the air cleaner. However the oem pipes do have the plugs knocked out. I understand no flash is needed for that but couldnt hurt. Waiting for the air cleaner, then flash sounds like the right path.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stage 1 performance air intake (the oblong one, not the round open one). I like the look and read there's not much difference in performance between the two.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Stage 1 performance air intake (the oblong one, not the round open one). I like the look and read there's not much difference in performance between the two.
Wimmer makes darn nice one.. it's the open round style for $350ish. It would be a cheaper option if fuelmoto is gonna tune it anyways..
Just wanted you aware, your call..

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Silver member
4,677 Posts
Thanks all.

I am not adding anything major but the air cleaner. However the oem pipes do have the plugs knocked out. I understand no flash is needed for that but couldnt hurt. Waiting for the air cleaner, then flash sounds like the right path.
If you have the plugs knocked out of your stock slip-ons and add a high performance A/C, I would certainly use the calibration card and get the Stage 1 factory calibration. It has some advantages over the stock. BUT if you are going to put a PV3 tuner on your bike, then I would not waste the time, labor, and card up flashing to the stage 1 calibration. I would save it to use if you ever put in a cam.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just installed the Stage 1 A/C. Not too difficult. I did get the DynoJet from Fuel Moto and flashed it first before installing the A/C with Craig's "CB" tune. Bike sounds more rumbly (?). Took it out just around the corner at 50 mph but short trip just to hear it and see how it feels. Seems like there's a difference in throttle response and speed. Need better weather to get it out on a longer run.

·
Silver member
4,677 Posts
The throttle response can be tailored to whatever you like. It should be more responsive then before.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts