Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Rider
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the Stage 1 mufflers that don’t have the loops that the hard saddlebags rest on? These would be the Stage 1 that go on the Vintage model. I thought I saw a post where someone shimmed the pads on the bottom of the bag so that the hard rubber pad would rest directly on the muffler. Cant find this post on this site. Wonder if the pad might melt? Found a fairly priced Stage 1 mufflers and was thinking of replacing my Bassani mufflers which have had chrome failure issues. Thanks

·
Bronze member
2,293 Posts
Well ... I am one of the guys who shimmed the feet of hard saddle bags to non hardbag mufflers.
BUT:
a) my hard saddlebags are the far east knock off (TCMT) version. The screws to the feet were easily reachable from the inside bottom of the bags. I don't know if this applies to the OE bags ...
b) the material of the pads on the TCMT bags was "rubberish" ... same as on the originals?

I can tell you MY rubber pads did not melt in any way, nor are they leaving any marks on the mufflers (KhromeWerks). And this is working for the last 40000 kms!
You would need a number of washers to be stacked between the feet and the bags from below ... I needed to compensate for ~8-10 mms.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts