Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm just wondering here I have no immediate plans on changing my bike (performance wise anyway).

My last bike was Boulevard C90, I had a Gman fuel processor and Gman K&N 'open top' air filter. Gman had an agreement with K&N to modify and sell these open top filters for the C90. It ran great, however the noise from the engine with that open top air filter would give me a headache on long rides.

So my question for you stage 1 guys is how much louder is the engine noise with the stage 1 filters on our 111's?

·
Bronze member
5,082 Posts
I have the round Stage 1 filter and there is very little intake noise. It's only a bit of a puff sound at certain rpm riding around town and is certainly not obtrusive as I hardly even hear it.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
The oval one might not stick out any further than the stock one but the oval stage one has a decorative edge on the cover that hits my leg when riding. The stock cover is tapered at that same spot so I don’t feel anything touching my leg when riding. This might only affect me but thought I’d share so you had everyone’s experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the round Stage 1 filter and there is very little intake noise. It's only a bit of a puff sound at certain rpm riding around town and is certainly not obtrusive as I hardly even hear it.
Good to know, thanks.

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks those that responded. My bike is still new and I'm doing cosmetic stuff now and maybe powerband fronts. But it's good to know if in a year I decide to go stage1 it's now noisy, that would drive me crazy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts