Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know what that is? Maybe fuel injection re-map and hi-flow exhaust? How much gain over stock horsepower/torque? Have ridden the Demo Bikes and am very impressed. Think I'll order one when I sell my Triumph Bonneville America.

·
Registered
37 Posts
From the Indian Web Site - click "Show Details" and it shows the following:

Stage 1 Straight Exhaust

2880782-156

Produces an exhaust note that is richer and throatier than the stock exhaust note. It is SAE J2825-compliant and certified to meet CARB emissions standards and also includes EFI recalibration by Indian Motorcycle dealers. Dealer install required.

ALSO, if you look into the 2015 Rider Catalog, it shows a picture of Stage 1 Swept Exhaust that is available March 2015...I am hoping that is available sooner, as that is the exhaust that I want on mine (see Picture on Page 8 in the catalog link here --->): http://www.mcmarine.no/_brosjyrer/Indian_Motorcycles_2015.pdf

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
From the Indian Web Site - click "Show Details" and it shows the following:

Stage 1 Straight Exhaust

2880782-156

Produces an exhaust note that is richer and throatier than the stock exhaust note. It is SAE J2825-compliant and certified to meet CARB emissions standards and also includes EFI recalibration by Indian Motorcycle dealers. Dealer install required.

ALSO, if you look into the 2015 Rider Catalog, it shows a picture of Stage 1 Swept Exhaust that is available March 2015...I am hoping that is available sooner, as that is the exhaust that I want on mine (see Picture on Page 8 in the catalog link here --->): http://www.mcmarine.no/_brosjyrer/Indian_Motorcycles_2015.pdf
How do we know this swept exhaust is available in March? Do we know what it costs? ... or anything else about it?

I love the curved exhaust as over the straight bazookas. I would wait until March if that's what it takes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Add up all the accessories and farkles I want ($1000 saddlebags for example), and I'm lookin' at over $15M. Maybe it's still worth it. Helluva ride.

·
Registered
37 Posts
How do we know this swept exhaust is available in March? Do we know what it costs? ... or anything else about it?

I love the curved exhaust as over the straight bazookas. I would wait until March if that's what it takes.

If you zoom in on the page, it shows Available March 2015. I called the dealer and asked about this exhaust and they said I was "mis-informed", that is until I had them pull the catalog and then the silence on the phone. Bottom-Line, they said they would call Polaris and get back to me.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
If you zoom in on the page, it shows Available March 2015. I called the dealer and asked about this exhaust and they said I was "mis-informed", that is until I had them pull the catalog and then the silence on the phone. Bottom-Line, they said they would call Polaris and get back to me.
MLR --- Would you get back to me when they get back to you? I'd appreciate it.

TIA

·
Registered
37 Posts
MLR --- Would you get back to me when they get back to you? I'd appreciate it.

TIA

OK, so I was called back and given this piece of information - "They don't know"

Essentially, my dealer was told by Polaris that although they have shown this photo and date, they cannot confirm or deny that this will be an offering in March or later. Basically, we just have to step back on this whole process and see how the chips fall. I for one am now going to wait on the pipes until there more options and then change the pipes when I can add exactly what I want. Hopefully in the next 6 months several offerings will emerge and then we can all make more informed decisions.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Thanks for following thru. I amstalled. The carrot for the pre-order was a five year warranty. But the warranty I read in the manual was a comprehensive list of exclusions, everything from engine components to hydraulics. If it won't cover engine components what good is it. That carrot ain't worth the bite. Meanwhile pipes bags and rack all say available March.

I'm going to give the dealer in Annapolis a chance to convince me Saturday. Other than that I'm waiting. Between the bazookas and the swept there's no comparison.

·
Registered
478 Posts
2014 Rider Catalog is outdated - yes, it does state available in March 2015 - but they are offering it as an option on the first-run Scouts. If you place your first-run order via the Web site, you will see it listed as an option for an additional $799.99. The dealership to where I am having it delivered confirmed the option would be on my December bike. By-the-way, my dealer deals with only with Indian motorcycles - none of the other Polaris items - so he is pretty much on top of things.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
2014 Rider Catalog is outdated - yes, it does state available in March 2015 - but they are offering it as an option on the first-run Scouts. If you place your first-run order via the Web site, you will see it listed as an option for an additional $799.99. The dealership to where I am having it delivered confirmed the option would be on my December bike. By-the-way, my dealer deals with only with Indian motorcycles - none of the other Polaris items - so he is pretty much on top of things.
Now that's a game changer. Wasn't there when last I looked.

Looked again. That's just the straight stage 1. Not the swept. Thing's plenty loud enough already. It's the curved pipes I want.

·
Registered
478 Posts
My bad if I got anyone's hopes up. :( I should have read all of the forum threads before posting.

After finally reviewing them all (yep, I am totally infatuated with this bike in all ways), I guess there are three different factory pipes (previously, I thought there were only two):
the stock bazooka looking pipes with chrome tips
the upgraded Stage 1 bazooka looking pipes with black tips
the upgraded Stage 1 curved pipes

Hope that helps anyone who is considering ordering the Stage 1 pipes with their first run package and are expecting to get the "curved" pipes pictured in the 2015 Rider's Catalog. I guess I am getting the bazookas with black tips but that is OK with me because I wanted a throatier sound not necessarily a different shape. :D

·
Registered
478 Posts
I think the waters are muddy
After finally reviewing them all (yep, I am totally infatuated with this bike in all ways), I guess there are three different factory pipes (previously, I thought there were only two):
the stock bazooka looking pipes with chrome tips
the upgraded Stage 1 bazooka looking pipes with black tips
the upgraded Stage 1 curved pipes
I based the above information on another thread I read here. But, maybe the bazooka blacks tips are stock and the the bazooka chrome tips are really stage 1. The reason I say that - if you look at most of the Scout pictures you will find their pipes have the black tips!? So now, I assume the chrome tips to be the Stage 1 pipes. Can any one confirm this?

That said, I did find a picture of Indian's Stage 1 chrome exhaust at STAGE 1 EXHAUST KIT CHROME | Indian Motorcycle Store but it had a sidebar stating it did not fit the 2015 Scout. Which brings up the question - are there really two different Stage 1 exhaust versions for the Scout?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Thanks, Slim. Yep, they are the straight bazookas with chrome tips. So there definately are two different types of Stage 1 pipes for the Scout. Thanks for solving the mystery for me.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Currently there's just the bazookas, but the swept stage 1's are supposed to be available next spring.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you go to the indian website and act like your reserving a new scout, you can click stage one and it will mock it on there, but I don't remember if it was black or chrome, I think black is stage one

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
The stock pipes have the black tips, Stage 1 pipes have the chrome tips.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts