Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Sounds Great and Much Appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it but I will wait and Hope that an Aftermarket comes out with a 2:1 with a Deeper Growl .. But Enjoy the Pipes ..

·
Registered
433 Posts
Honestly it sounds ok. They look nice but on the Chief Vintage they sound better. I put them on my Vintage in August when I got my bike. In retrospect, I wish more choices were in the marketplace for us but we will have to wait until after market catches up. It's not about louder to me it's about getting rid of that whiny sound.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Honestly it sounds ok. They look nice but on the Chief Vintage they sound better. I put them on my Vintage in August when I got my bike. In retrospect, I wish more choices were in the marketplace for us but we will have to wait until after market catches up. It's not about louder to me it's about Getting Rid of that Whiny Sound.
Key Word Whiny Sound why waited for the Freedom True Duals on my Cross Country .. No Whiny and Better power as Well ..

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hey DTyndale.
Thanks for your vids. When you changed over your mufflers did you happen to look up the engine end of the muffler and see what sort of restrictor is there.
About this time last year we (well, a lot of us anyway!) were knocking out the 'freeze plugs from the Chief and Chieftain mufflers and getting similar sound results, without having to go to the cost of Stage 1's?
Cheers

·
Registered
29 Posts
Appreciate the videos giving the sound differences. Allows us to decide whether or not to purchase the Stage 1 or wait for something else.

Reactions: DTyndale

·
Registered
181 Posts
A couple of guys asked for a video of the exhaust upgrade.
Here you go

Thanks for the video DTyndale. They sound good, but I think I'll wait to see what the aftermarket comes up with and probably for less $. Sound is one consideration, but I'll opt for increased performance.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey DTyndale.
Thanks for your vids. When you changed over your mufflers did you happen to look up the engine end of the muffler and see what sort of restrictor is there.
About this time last year we (well, a lot of us anyway!) were knocking out the 'freeze plugs from the Chief and Chieftain mufflers and getting similar sound results, without having to go to the cost of Stage 1's?
Cheers
I did not install them, dealer in Lincoln NE did. Sorry but I do not know the answer.
Also there came a card with it with code so installer could call into Polaris and get the mapping software change thingy. Modified the air to fuel mixture, per tech in Nebraska

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice job on video, good looking bike
Hey CavemanHHH, getting the rest of my accessories first week in January. I think bike will look even better with bags, highway bar and windshield. Had a good ride today down here, tomorrow even a little warmer.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
maybe will update this thread when I run across another Scout and have my camera

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Thanks for that video. My stage 1's are still in the box, so seeing them is appreciated. I'm still going to guinea pig the Dirty Birds, along with an Indian stage 1 ECU flash. Maybe try a DynoJet PCV when released in March but sounding like a PIA to install. These bikes will never have the growl of a 111" air cooled, 2 valve head v-twin. Simple characteristics of liquid cooling, DOHC 4 valve heads, 1133cc's won't allow it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Finally got the bike today with the stage 1 exhaust installed. Wow the sound is amazing and definitely louder than my previous bike I traded the scout for (Kawasaki Ninja zx6-R 636 with aftermarket exhaust). The video doesn't do it justice, great sound from a great bike!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts