Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's some sort of squeaking / rubbing noise that seems to be coming from somewhere towards the rear of the bike while it's moving. It seems to start around 15 mph and continues up until the wind noise gets too loud to hear it. The sound also goes away if I pull the clutch in.

I've checked the rear brake and the belt and both look fine. I also didn't see anything rubbing under the fender.

Has anyone had this happen before? I'm planning on pulling the back end apart this weekend to look at everything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Man I'm having the same thing. On my challenger but only when engine breaking/clutching. Have you found any fix? It comes and goes. Belts and brakes are good

·
Rider
680 Posts
There's some sort of squeaking / rubbing noise that seems to be coming from somewhere towards the rear of the bike while it's moving. It seems to start around 15 mph and continues up until the wind noise gets too loud to hear it. The sound also goes away if I pull the clutch in.

I've checked the rear brake and the belt and both look fine. I also didn't see anything rubbing under the fender.

Has anyone had this happen before? I'm planning on pulling the back end apart this weekend to look at everything.
Make sure the brake light wiring harness is not lose and rubbing tire. Lots of reports on this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts