Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rider
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’m having some concerns about the amount of play on the inner sprocket bushing. Looking for some advise as to wether or not the amount of play in it is an issue or out of spec. Here’s the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
1,994 Posts
Hey guys I’m having some concerns about the amount of play on the inner sprocket bushing. Looking for some advise as to wether or not the amount of play in it is an issue or out of spec. Here’s the video.

Just wondering, how many miles you got? Im no mechanic but that dont look good....

·
Rider
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
19k approximately. I talked to a tech who said the Cush drive spacer slop is normal. Bearing is shot though.

·
Registered
212 Posts
It is just a spacer, the “play” is normal. If either end looks worn or pitted, replace it as it keeps the bearing in align when the rear axel is torqued — the Polaris price $18.59.

·
Registered
92 Posts
did you notice any noise coming from the rear sprocket? I have adjusted my belt so it rides right down the center, I am still getting some squealing noise.

·
Rider
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did you notice any noise coming from the rear sprocket? I have adjusted my belt so it rides right down the center, I am still getting some squealing noise.
I don’t get any noise from my belt. You might want to check your tension if it’s riding nice and centered and still noisy.

·
Rider
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
New tire and bearing is on. All is well. Now on to putting the stock ride height links back in. That battery box though! What a pain!

·
Bronze member
1,159 Posts
The bearing (which you have already changed) is the important one. the bushing main purpose is to prevent too much axial load on the bearings.
Bushing has little to no purpose for radial loads.(may have a small amount to keep concentricity of the cush drive and sprocket/pulley)
With the failure of the bearing, it may have caused some wear in the pully/sprocket - keep an eye on that bushing for the next tire change.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts