Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the 19" cast wheels, and the matching rear wheels, used on the Springfield and Chieftain would fit on a Victory Highball? I swapped the front wheel on my Chief Dark Horse for this wheel, and would also like to put them on my Highball, if possible.

·
Bronze member
3,640 Posts
try it... you have nothing to lose..but I don't know how the ABS would effect your alignment between the caliper and rotor..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have at least $1200 to lose. There's no way I would drop that kind of money on new wheels without knowing for sure they will fit.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Bronze Member
1,818 Posts
I'm not sure if they would be a direct fit, but you may be able to get them to work.

First, I'd compare the axle diameters.If they are the same, that's a big plus.

The biggest issue might be the belt drive. IDK if the belt width is the same, let alone length. The brake caliper offset may also be different. IIRC the Victory and Indian brake shoes use the same part number.

Then it's a matter of making sure that the wheels are centered and machining some spacer shims. If the tone rings are not necessary, they can be removed.

Maybe someone on here has attempted this and can provide some insight. Good luck with your endeavour!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure if they would be a direct fit, but you may be able to get them to work.

First, I'd compare the axle diameters.If they are the same, that's a big plus.

The biggest issue might be the belt drive. IDK if the belt width is the same, let alone length. The brake caliper offset may also be different. IIRC the Victory and Indian brake shoes use the same part number.

Then it's a matter of making sure that the wheels are centered and machining some spacer shims. If the tone rings are not necessary, they can be removed.

Maybe someone on here has attempted this and can provide some insight. Good luck with your endeavour!
I appreciate the insight. Thank you.

·
Bronze member
3,640 Posts
I have at least $1200 to lose. There's no way I would drop that kind of money on new wheels without knowing for sure they will fit.

I took it as you already had the wheels... the only way you will know is to measure everything up.. if I had to bet.. I'd bet they would

Reactions: gtrplayer

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I wanted to put Magnum wheels on my Chieftain and my local Victory/Indian mechanic told me it was not a perfect swap.

I saw a bike that had Vic wheels on it and asked.

I know some parts can swap over, like front forks.

It may just be spacers up front. I do not know if the axle is the identical diameter, but I would think so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts