Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a flat tire recently and I had it repaired at a local motorcycle shop. When I got it back, the rear tire pressure sensor was intermittent. The garage said it was not their fault, but agreed to do the labor for free if I paid for the new part. It does not work at all now. The tech said I have to ride the bike a couple hundred miles for the bike to recognize the new sensor. Does this sound right, or was he supposed to use a TPMS tool?

·
Registered
23 Posts
DrSteve
The TPMS sensor has to be reset. I bought one of these after reading on the forum where others have done this. The first one that I bought didn't work and I sent it back and the replacement one works great. There is a process to follow that is pretty simple. It should be listed on the forum. Here is the link. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072BK693N/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. Sensor is 180 degrees from the tire valve. Front one and then the back one. A manual helps.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I bought a copy of the Service Manual and it describes how to do it using a tool. I forwarded the info to my mechanic. He had never heard of doing this; he thought it happens automatically after you drive it awhile. Don't know if he's going to be able to get it working or not. I don't want to buy the tool and try to get it working myself after his tech broke it and I already paid him to fix it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DrSteve
The TPMS sensor has to be reset. I bought one of these after reading on the forum where others have done this. The first one that I bought didn't work and I sent it back and the replacement one works great. There is a process to follow that is pretty simple. It should be listed on the forum. Here is the link. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072BK693N/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. Sensor is 180 degrees from the tire valve. Front one and then the back one. A manual helps.
What failed? The first TPMS sensor or the first tool?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts