Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those who may be thinking about getting the Springfield tank logo to put on their Vintage - Can Do!

Someone at the service Dept said The springfield has its own unique tank, and the logos won't fit on other tanks.

May be true, but the log did fit on a vintage tank - gotta be on the perfect position, but it did fit.

·
Super Moderator
5,849 Posts
For those who may be thinking about getting the Springfield tank logo to put on their Vintage - Fogetaboutit.

The Springfield has its own unique tank, and the logos won't fit on other tanks. At lease not without some bending - but that might ruin the chrome.
Interesting . . . . where did you learn this? From what source? I've heard that the badges could go on the other TS111 models, in fact, I think one of our forum members put them on his Vintage.

Not saying you're incorrect, just curious. Maybe your dealer is wrong? What is the difference in the tank design?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Sounds like the sort of tall tales salesman are "mistakenly" prone to tell. Bless their pea pickin' hearts.

·
Registered
265 Posts
For those who may be thinking about getting the Springfield tank logo to put on their Vintage - Fogetaboutit.

The springfield has its own unique tank, and the logos won't fit on other tanks. At lease not without some bending - but that might ruin the chrome.
Longbow...
Don't know who fed you this line of BS.. but the truth is all 111 tanks are the same.
The Springfield script fits perfect on all Chief's as well as Chieftains and Roadmasters for that matter. The only thing that makes sense is the person you were talking to thought you had a Scout.

Here's my post on the subject and one image as proof.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Headlamp

Cheers,
D-Man
Logo Font Trademark Brand Emblem

·
Registered
86 Posts
They fit perfect obviously. Anybody that says otherwise has them on the wrong side!!! There is a left side and a right side. Switch them up and they won't fit.
Kind of like putting your left shoe on your right foot and vice versa.
My biggest question is what is the best way to make sure they are put on at the best location? They pretty much fit in a certain location- close. But I'm just OCD enough to be bugged if it is too high/low or worse-crooked.

·
Registered
86 Posts

The springfield has its own unique tank, and the logos won't fit on other tanks. At lease not without some bending - but that might ruin the chrome.
Wrong info. Left goes on left and right goes on' right. No bending necessary. Perfect fit. Exact same tank.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ye got them on my CV and they look the dogs b#####ks.
I am sold on these, is there a way to order from Indian or do I have to go through a dealer? Thanks and such... (they look fantastic, the stock ones on my CV are just puny looking)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am sold on these, is there a way to order from Indian or do I have to go through a dealer? Thanks and such... (they look fantastic, the stock ones on my CV are just puny looking)
I ordered mine online and they were around 38 dollars each.

·
Silver member
5,381 Posts

Didn't want to lay a big red X on you dude, but I'm going to have to disagree with you and go along with the rest of the guys here. I had mine mounted at the Indian shop in New Orleans with no problem. In fact, they said that they are selling more than just a few a week now to other Indian drivers, Scouts excluded.

·
Registered
120 Posts
When I had my '14 Vintage I always thought the small Indian script on tank looked cheap and could not be read easily . I would have bought the new emblems if I still had the bike. And will fit all Indian gas tanks minus the Scout. For the umpteenth time the tanks are all the same so go for it , the looks will be much improved. The Indian script on the Classic Indians back then looked much better than the Vintage.

·
Registered
72 Posts
For those who may be thinking about getting the Springfield tank logo to put on their Vintage - Can Do!

Someone at the service Dept said The springfield has its own unique tank, and the logos won't fit on other tanks.

May be true, but the log did fit on a vintage tank - gotta be on the perfect position, but it did fit.
There is another posting here that explains how to do it. apparently lining it up properly is a pain but it can be done

·
Registered
86 Posts
It's really not hard at all. Just make sure the right is on right and left on left. It's pretty easy to find the right spot it fits. Many don't realize there is a left and right specific. No bending. It fits perfect! Before you take the paper off, just slide around on tank. Then put some masking tape on top and bottom to guide you where it goes. Hardest part is getting the old one off and that's not too difficult.
Any questions on that let me know. Just takes a little patience and that's all I have - a little. But it's a fun update and very well worth it. Looks great!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts