Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Which Indian Touring Bike Would You Want

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm a new Springfield owner and love it, but have always known my journey will eventually lead to a Touring bike. I'm kewl with the full wind and bare bones (no dash, radio, etc.) for now but the couch is coming.

At first I really, really didn't like the looks of the Chieftain/Roadmaster, but it has really grown on me. Now if Indian were to give me a Touring bike, I would have a tough time deciding.

Just curious what other Springield owners currently like.
You have a touring bike and need to look no farther. You have a windshield & saddlebags, what else do you need? . All the Motorhome accessories that they put on bikes currently appeal to the smartphone addicted crowd. I ride the Springfield because it DOESN'T have all the Motorhome accessories. They are fine selling points to some but not all.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My wife rides a 2020 Springfield with 22k and I ride a 2020 chieftain with 25k. both bought new. We ride long distance rides every chance we get. neither of us have seen anything else that we like better. Its Just preference.

·
Registered
301 Posts
On the test ride I preferred the Pursuit. When it comes down to signing on the dotted line I would more likely buy another Springfield. Over 40k miles and 25 states in 3 years, It does what I need in comfort with a few hundred dollars in modifications. When I had a bike with a radio I rarely used it. And with the Springfield I would be left with $5k to $10k of traveling funds!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You have a touring bike and need to look no farther. You have a windshield & saddlebags, what else do you need? . All the Motorhome accessories that they put on bikes currently appeal to the smartphone addicted crowd. I ride the Springfield because it DOESN'T have all the Motorhome accessories. They are fine selling points to some but not all.
:cry:

Guys.....I have a Springfield Darkhorse, so there's no windshield. I also LOVE my SDH just they way she is!

Buuuuuuuuut, at some point I think I might ALSO want the full on couch. GIven this, I thought it might be fun to see what current Springfield owners might prefer between two Indian options.

I have been shown the error of my ways....and shant offer this group another survey.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Demo Days at your Dealership or a bike rally. Ride both. Ultimately the bike has to do something more for you than your current ride.

I love the PP 108 on my Challenger. Rode a Scout before trading up. Very happy with my decision.

Only YOU can decide what‘s going to push all of Your buttons. 👍

21 - 27 of 27 Posts