Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unless I missed it, the Springfield has never had an "icon" range, the Scout, Cheiftain and Roadmaster have so maybe time for the Springfield?
If 2021 brings 116 on the "Classic" Springfield with Icon paint options I would buy one!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,054 Posts
Nope none, nada, zilch. The Springfield must be considered too low volume or a red headed stepchild by the management at Indian.

·
Bronze member
3,640 Posts
which is really strange the two best selling bikes at my dealer are Scouts and Springfields… and making an ICON would be super easy they already have everything they need in paint and body parts made for the Chieftain Classic and Roadmaster Classic... but in the end maybe we should just hope for a different color scheme on the standards... or is that to much to ask?

·
Silver member
5,309 Posts
The Springfield is actually a very good seller for Indian. You can get an excellent bike that is somewhat affordable at 20K. I don't think they ever thought it would sell as well as it has. But it fills that niche. Hard bagger, hidden tech, old school look for the most part, and very, very rideable.

I wish they would make it in Indian red again. That seem to have gotten away from some of the classic colors with the exception of the Willow Green and Cream combo on the Vintage and Scout models.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts