Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Dark Horse
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the height on the current 20/21 Darkhorse? I can’t seem to find it. I’m looking at the Dean Speed Lowballs and I’m not sure what height to get. Thinking 10”.

I ordered Lowballs for my Scout, they aren’t here yet and I’m trading for a Darkhorse so they’re just changing my order for me to the SF Darkhorse Lowballs.

So I’m curious how the 10” Lowballs will compare to factory.

·
Registered
2021 Springfield DH
3 Posts
What is the height on the current 20/21 Darkhorse? I can’t seem to find it. I’m looking at the Dean Speed Lowballs and I’m not sure what height to get. Thinking 10”.

I ordered Lowballs for my Scout, they aren’t here yet and I’m trading for a Darkhorse so they’re just changing my order for me to the SF Darkhorse Lowballs.

So I’m curious how the 10” Lowballs will compare to factory.
Just bought a 21 Springfield DH. Measures the bars today and they are 12 inches. I am 6'1" and find the reach uncomfortable. Replacing with 16" apes.

·
Registered
Dark Horse
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just bought a 21 Springfield DH. Measures the bars today and they are 12 inches. I am 6'1" and find the reach uncomfortable. Replacing with 16" apes.
Is it too far for you? Getting 16s so they’re back towards you more?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought a 21 SF DH and the handlebars are 12" apes. When I purchased, the bars were already pulled towards the rider as far as possible. I am 5'7" and I do feel I have to lean forward a bit, which for short rides is OK, but after a 45 min to hour ride it gets old. I would like to sit with my back strait which will require at least a 14' ape. I have been considering the FMB Chopper Blazed apes.

·
Registered
2021 Springfield DH
3 Posts
Is it too far for you? Getting 16s so they’re back towards you more?
Yes, I had to lean forward. On longer rides it caused .y back to roll and tighten up. 16s will bring them to me and allow me to sit more comfortably. 14s would have been good too, but I would have to go aftermarket for those.

·
Registered
Dark Horse
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I had to lean forward. On longer rides it caused .y back to roll and tighten up. 16s will bring them to me and allow me to sit more comfortably. 14s would have been good too, but I would have to go aftermarket for those.
Good deal, I'm going to ride it a bit and see how it works for me but you're making me think 14's. Unless the shape of the Dean 12's lets them lean back further.

·
Registered
Dark Horse
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just bought a 21 SF DH and the handlebars are 12" apes. When I purchased, the bars were already pulled towards the rider as far as possible. I am 5'7" and I do feel I have to lean forward a bit, which for short rides is OK, but after a 45 min to hour ride it gets old. I would like to sit with my back strait which will require at least a 14' ape. I have been considering the FMB Chopper Blazed apes.
Probably similar for me then. My lower back isn't the greatest, I'll hit up an hour ride or something and see how it goes.

·
Registered
Dark Horse
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
You guys are spot on. The 12s give me a forward lean and they’re already raked back. I think the 14s or 16s would be perfect.

14s need cable extensions?

·
Registered
2021 Springfield DH
3 Posts
Not sure. My apes come in next week and they will let me know if I need extensions. If so I'll update, if not you would be good at 14

1 - 10 of 10 Posts