Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Indian Riders, looking for recommendations for my Springfield Darkhorse (2019), to replace both my driving lights and Headlight. I know there are immense of options available and can pay major $$$, but am seeking recommendations based on value (better vision at night, no complex installation, etc.). What did you get and why?

·
Registered
8 Posts
2017 Springfield. On line you can get any automotive LEDs for your driving lights. I did have a performer h3 for the HEADLIGHT. Worked effervescent tolerances we pretty tight between back of bulb and frame. Eventually wore the insulation off the wire. Went back to halogen. I also found the halogen throws the light further down the road. Of course led looks more impressive from the front of the bike. No worries however if your bike has Morecambe and hence more room behind the HEADLIGHT bowl. Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Performance=Pathfinder brand. I hate auto correct
2017 Springfield. On line you can get any automotive LEDs for your driving lights. I did have a performer h3 for the HEADLIGHT. Worked effervescent tolerances we pretty tight between back of bulb and frame. Eventually wore the insulation off the wire. Went back to halogen. I also found the halogen throws the light further down the road. Of course led looks more impressive from the front of the bike. No worries however if your bike has Morecambe and hence more room behind the HEADLIGHT bowl. Good luck.
Another tip. Stay away from the Chinese LED. A guy once told me to get a LED bulb with the LED chip located in the same location as would a halogen filament be located. Most effective. Bulbs that have a dozen chips don't necessarily work as well.

·
Registered
337 Posts
It's hard to go wrong with Custom Dynamics TruBeam and ProBeam. They're plug and play and should be easy to install on a Springfield since you don't have to deal with a fairing. They are not quite as expensive as JW Speaker, but they aren't exactly cheap either. I have Custom Dynamics lights on my Dyna and love them. If you're primarily concerned about saving $, try Hogworkz. I have them on my Chieftain and have no complaints.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everyone for giving your recommendations. I probably should hav searched the forums before posting the question. Looks like the question has been asked many times and have found a lot of feedback. Appreciate you guys taking the time to reply to my thread.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
With all these aftermarket LEDs, did you have to modify anything to get them installed?
Mattsnuked,

If you were asking me the question on the Headlight from Custom Dynamics (Pro-Beam) it was plug and play, the Passing lights (Pro-beam) required an adapter (Certain years do not require the adapter, but they tell you which years they actually do; not included with passing lights, but offered by Custom Dynamics). The LED Turn Signals are plug and play.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Springfield
62 Posts
I have a 2020 Springfield (chrome) and am on the fence between the Hogworkz Chrome 7" LED HaloMaker Headlight with Auxiliary Halo Passing Lamps vs. Indian's Pathfinder Adaptive LED headlight and Front Pathfinder LED driving lights. Truth be told I like the Hogworkz better but I've read in the Indian forums that in order for all of the Hogworkz halos to remain lit as daytime running lights you have to either sacrifice the illumination of the war bonnet on the front fender (not happening!) or finagle some sort of splitter or tie in. Since I have the mechanical abilities of a mentally challenged llama the whole idea of having to do any modifications concerns me. Any clarification, guidance or opinions would be welcome. Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts