Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Springfield Colors SUCK This year.

2176 Views 53 Replies 33 Participants Last post by  SlidePicker
Want a new Springfield...but DAMN the Colors suck this year..Thinking of Trading my Vintage, but not this year....
Blue Jersey Triangle Sportswear Tints and shades
Wood Asphalt Font Grass Pattern

Spirit Blue Metallic / Silver Quartz Metallic
Silver Quartz Metallic / Bronze Pearl Metallic
Whatever happened to just BLACK?

Almost like an afterthought on colors this year..
MY opinion, but dang...
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Registered
2022 Springfield 111 Black & Tan
570 Posts
Want a new Springfield...but DAMN the Colors suck this year..Thinking of Trading my Vintage, but not this year.... View attachment 725028 View attachment 725029

MY opinion, but dang...
I bought a 2022 BlacknTan.The 2tone red is also,nice as well.
There are a few out there.
Tucson,Arizona has one like mine and is $2000 off since it is a 22.

· Registered
2021 Indian Roadmaster Icon
622 Posts
Want a new Springfield...but DAMN the Colors suck this year..Thinking of Trading my Vintage, but not this year.... View attachment 725028 View attachment 725029

MY opinion, but dang...
I agree 100%! Black was the best they ever had in my opinion, and I know everyone has one of those... Would be nice if they offered the pearl white, they only had that on the Chief Classic for a couple years I think. I would definitely consider trading my Roadmaster for a new Springfield IF it came in a decent color AND came with the 116, this is assuming they would keep the classic round bags too. Springfield is the best bike they produce, with no extra plastic junk or sketchy electronics.

· Registered
2017 Steel Gray/Burgundy Metallic
303 Posts
It is irresponsible for those with a Willow Green / Cream paint job to even thing of giving it up, but that's just me thinking out loud. Especially on a Vintage with the tan bags and seat, it is such a beautiful bike.

They wouldn't market the 2023 colors on purpose to setup a 'don't sell enough of them' excuse to discontinue would they?

· Rider
'17 Springfield, '20 Chieftain
1,995 Posts
I agree 100%! Black was the best they ever had in my opinion, and I know everyone has one of those... Would be nice if they offered the pearl white, they only had that on the Chief Classic for a couple years I think. I would definitely consider trading my Roadmaster for a new Springfield IF it came in a decent color AND came with the 116, this is assuming they would keep the classic round bags too. Springfield is the best bike they produce, with no extra plastic junk or sketchy electronics.
Yep, 116 and keep the bags and fenders, and of course offer some better color selections.

· Registered
2021 Indian Roadmaster Icon
622 Posts
Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system

I'm partial to black myself. This bike ended up hitting a deer at 70 mph and now looks like a chief classic after my budget rebuild. I still prefer it most days over the Roadmaster when I don't need the extra storage.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

· Bronze member
3,804 Posts
now that you have to order your bike I don't know why they don't offer ICON colors to pick from.. if the Roadmaster was offered in the Spirit Lake Blue Metallic and Silver Quartz Metallic I would order one... I just can't wrap my head around the Bronze yet have to see it in person

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think it's hard to beat this color scheme. Of course I could be somewhat biased.;)
View attachment 725067
That is one of my favorites....that Dark green and black was a good one as well....That Bright Blue this year is terrible...The Bronze Pearl Metallic is not tooo bad....but the Dark Horse Colors should apply as well....IMHO!

· Registered
721 Posts
Indian Red was a beautiful Springfield colour especially when a top box was added.

· Registered
338 Posts
That is one of my favorites....that Dark green and black was a good one as well....That Bright Blue this year is terrible...The Bronze Pearl Metallic is not tooo bad....but the Dark Horse Colors should apply as well....IMHO!
I have only seen photos of the bronze pearl metallic scheme for 2023, but I kinda like it. It reminds of a root beer float. :)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts