Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone thinking to swap the stock vintage bars with the Springfield, it works great as the bars come back to you a bit more than stock... i am 5'8 and it feels about right, i have adjusted the bars up and down they seem to work better when lowered... the bars turn down in a comfortable direction and might be the best "buckhorn" style i have seen, apparently this style comes from the 50's ... seems the dealerships for the most part are able to do it. my local dealer told me she keeps at least 2 springfield bars in inventory because of how often vintage owners are switching to springfield bars... does anyone know if they make a springfield handlebar style for the scout?

·
Registered
859 Posts
How difficult is it to swap out the bars yourself - for instance hand grip removal particularly the throttle side. I want to change my bars, but in 2 minds whether to get the dealer to do the work or do it myself. Also, do you need to swap cables for longer ones? Grateful for advice.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Does anyone know the OEM part no for Springfield bars and best place to purchase them? I live in France and obtaining parts like this takes forever. Thanks......

·
Silver member
5,186 Posts
Does anyone know the OEM part no for Springfield bars and best place to purchase them? I live in France and obtaining parts like this takes forever. Thanks......
Here you go:

WELD-HANDLEBAR,BEACH,CHR

1021107-156

Reactions: Silverhorse

·
Registered
161 Posts
How difficult is it to swap out the bars yourself - for instance hand grip removal particularly the throttle side. I want to change my bars, but in 2 minds whether to get the dealer to do the work or do it myself. Also, do you need to swap cables for longer ones? Grateful for advice.
Here is a how to: http://www.indianmotorcycles.net/th...and-running-the-wires-update.1780/#post-42515
There is another how to a member posted also. He had photo's and a step by step, but I wasn't able to find it. I have changed out the stock bars for the Springfield bars, on my Vintage. It wasn't hard, just took my time. It did take me longer than the suggested 1 1/2 hours the instructions listed. No cable changes necessary and I have a 2014.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts