Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Silver member
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would put this PSA out there for all riders old and new to Indian TS111 family:

Remember when you bring your bike out of hibernation for the winter please remember to check your grommets on both your side covers for wear and cracking and make sure you hear that slight thud when you snap them in. As you don't want to join the illustrious, " I lost my right side cover" club, which I am a former member.

There is a whole ***** session on FB about recent newbies that have lost their covers.

Replace those grommets if you see any wear, add some Velcro to your frame and side cover, harness it up somehow, or I think this guy may have the best peace of mind fix...

Reactions: Alemerchan

·
Registered
322 Posts
I don't understand the problems with lost side covers, I've driven more than 20 k miles and a lot on rough roads, and never lost a side cover or get a loose side cover.
The left cover I've to remove often to adjust the pressure on the rear shock for different load conditions.
Maybe the grommets are pushed out of their seats by cover reinstall, and then of course it's easy to lose a side cover

1 - 4 of 4 Posts