Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to get a spoked wheel that is tubeless for my Vintage? I'm not looking for one of those chromed multi-spoked $1000 big wheels. My thoughts are a black wall tire with a black spoked wheel. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
AFAIK, there is no such thing. That being said, there was a guy on the Hondashadow.net forum that sealed his spoked wheels to run a tubeless tire

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
If you do a solid search of the internet I believe you will find several sources who offer instructions or even kits to seal up your own wheels, as well as companies offering spoke wheels that they claim to be "tubeless". What I think you'll discover in short supply is positive reviews from folks who have successfully run them over the course of thousands of miles and several years. I'd wager that this is due to the fact the sealing them, and keeping them sealed over time, are two distinctly different things. ;)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Imagine if you will that spoked wheels may have some holes in them. Therefore the tube. Each spoke goes into the rim. To be honest its a no brainer for old timers like me. But then again on my gretsch forum a new guitar player put nylon strings on his electric guitar and couldn't understand why no sound came through the amp. So point being is you do not know what you do not know. I am sure someone makes a solid rim with recessed threaded holes that you can screw in spokes. But they are probably just as expensive as any sold wheel or even more expensive. Wire spokes wheels and tubes have been around forever. And cheep for home mechanic to replace, even on the side of a road. But today most just call up road service. So I see your point. I am sure there are kits, but catastrophic tire failure will make you punch holes in your seat, and is no joke. I would suggest buying the tubeless rims you can live with, just purely on safety sake.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
1,707 Posts
Ride Wright wheels make tubeless spoked wheels that work on the Vintage. You can make the hoop, hub, spokes and nipples all different colors if you'd like.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Don't do it, Senior Chief! I have a horror story of my own. My heels were from WheelRight and the rear wheel leaked on a bucket list ride to Maggie Valley. No matter how well they seal the inside of the rim, it is inherently subject to leakage.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't do it, Senior Chief! I have a horror story of my own. My heels were from WheelRight and the rear wheel leaked on a bucket list ride to Maggie Valley. No matter how well they seal the inside of the rim, it is inherently subject to leakage.
WoW, for the kind of money those wheels cost I would have been very upset! Thanks Skip...….

1 - 10 of 10 Posts