American Flat Track
Event:
Volusia Half-Mile I presented by Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys
Date:
July 17, 2020
Class:
AFT SuperTwins presented by Vance & Hines
Session:
AFT SuperTwins Main Event (12 Minutes + 2 Laps)
Race Time:
12:50.270
Margin of Victory:

·
Bronze member
3,341 Posts
Slamin Sammy was close to a podium... closer than he's been in years... he might break through now

·
Bronze member
1,499 Posts
Didn't get a chance to watch Friday's races since I was on the road, but got back early enough on Saturday to catch the semis and main event. Friday and Saturday saw the same top 4 riders with the 3rd and 4th place shifting spots. Looks like Sammy Halbert is back to his old self now that he has a bike with some speed.

Both nights, the H-Ds struggled with a 7th, 8th, and 11th Friday and a 11, 12, 13 finish on Saturday. I am guessing that Bryan Smith and Ricky Howerton might be re-thinking their move to that team since they were apparently making more power on their Kawasaki bike. Could have been a sponsorship issue since the SuperTwins require a completely different structure.

And don't know if many care about the singles on this board, but the Saturday night race was one of, if not the best AFT race I have ever seen! Incredible action from start to finish.

Nice to have the bikes back on the dirt after a long layoff.

Reactions: Pistol660

·
Bronze Member
1,653 Posts
I can't find AFT on any channel from Direct TV. Any help?
Used to be .
NBCSN - Ch. 220 IIRC they broadcasted it at 12:30 AM this morning.

There will be a replay Wednesday at 2 AM CDT on NSBAHD - Ch. 696 (idk if it is Volusia #1 or Volusia #2)

I have to concur with @Joegopher , that was the best singles main event that I have ever seen.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Yes some great racing. A friend of mine that is a mechanic for one of the teams said that very likely Indianapolis race on 8/21. Let's hope so with the Lima Half mile being cancelled.
Great to see them racing again! Indian kicked some butt for sure

Reactions: PE4CE
1 - 8 of 8 Posts