Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well .... Since I am being furloughed from my job the first two weeks of June, the wife and I decided to make the best of a bad situation and take a bike trip.
We will be leaving Amarillo, TX and heading to South Dakota and spending a couple of days riding around the Mt. Rushmore area - (Custer, Deadwood, Sturgis, Spearfish, Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse memorial, Etc.) since we have never been there ..... and no .... I have NO interest in being there during the rally ..... TOO many people for me .... :D

From there we will head over to Spirit Lake, IA before heading down through Missouri and Arkansas then heading for home through Oklahoma .....

Anyone know if the factory is open/doing tours yet .... ?
I expect that they are not ... :cry:

We are going to stop in as many dealerships as are open along the way and enjoy what we can but, our expectations are low.
Just looking to get on the road for awhile.

...... COVID-19 is a Buncha' Bulls**t!!!!

Reactions: AshWilliams

·
Founding member
1,031 Posts
Sorry to hear that Larz. I hope you and your wife have a great trip. Don't miss Gregory Polaris in North Little Rock. They are either the best or in the top 2-3 Indian dealers in the country. I live 480 miles south of them and have a number of dealers close by but I only go to Gregory. Ask for Rob Gregory, the owner. He'll be happy to meet you. Safe travels.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well .... Since I am being furloughed from my job the first two weeks of June, the wife and I decided to make the best of a bad situation and take a bike trip.
We will be leaving Amarillo, TX and heading to South Dakota and spending a couple of days riding around the Mt. Rushmore area - (Custer, Deadwood, Sturgis, Spearfish, Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse memorial, Etc.) since we have never been there ..... and no .... I have NO interest in being there during the rally ..... TOO many people for me .... :D

From there we will head over to Spirit Lake, IA before heading down through Missouri and Arkansas then heading for home through Oklahoma .....

Anyone know if the factory is open/doing tours yet .... ?
I expect that they are not ... :cry:

We are going to stop in as many dealerships as are open along the way and enjoy what we can but, our expectations are low.
Just looking to get on the road for awhile.

...... COVID-19 is a Buncha' Bulls**t!!!!
Hey there Larz,
Myself and several other IMRG riders out of Indianapolis were scheduled to attend a factory tour on June 5 but it was cancelled weeks ago. We haven't been contacted regarding a date they could accommodate a tour.
Such a bummer - we were all looking so forward to it!
Sounds like your planned trip will be great - hope you have safe travels and enjoy the with your wife.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Safe travels Larz_1

Reactions: Larz_1
1 - 6 of 6 Posts