Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some ideas. I split my coffee this morning on my way to work. I need a spot to hold my coffee while I head to work. I was keeping it in the hard saddlebag inside another bag that I keep stuff for work. When I got to work, it was spilt everywhere. I was think about a cup holder on the handlebars, something that can hold my insulated cup. Or maybe is there some type of adapter cup holder that I can put into my saddlebag.

·
Founding member
2014 Red Chief Classic
921 Posts
There's an old school way of transporting coffee that we used way way back in the day - it's called a thermos.

·
Rider
1,569 Posts
I’ve seen handle bar holders and leather holders that strap onto the rear brash guards if you have them. Try a search on Google for “ motorcycle cup holder / thermos holder” see what comes up bud.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’ve seen handle bar holders and leather holders that strap onto the rear brash guards if you have them. Try a search on Google for “ motorcycle cup holder / thermos holder” see what comes up bud.
I'll do some more googling.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've got an 8 oz Rubbermaid steel thermos for my coffee and because I am a cheap bastard, I used the cup holder from my golf bag. It's secure on the handlebar, it swivels and is on a clip for easy removal. I can also swap it over to my old Yamaha anytime I want.

·
Drag me down and let me burn forever!
738 Posts
you could always attach a heavy duty magnet to the inside of the bag and buy a steel tumbler w/ close-able lid.

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
368 Posts
There's an old school way of transporting coffee that we used way way back in the day - it's called a thermos.
I'm with 2cool on this one, there are lots of companies out there that make hot beverage containers that won't spill, just go to Walmart and get one for $20.00

·
Registered
44 Posts
I need some ideas. I split my coffee this morning on my way to work. I need a spot to hold my coffee while I head to work. I was keeping it in the hard saddlebag inside another bag that I keep stuff for work. When I got to work, it was spilt everywhere. I was think about a cup holder on the handlebars, something that can hold my insulated cup. Or maybe is there some type of adapter cup holder that I can put into my saddlebag.
Well I used to do that too, cuz I had a favorite mug. I wrapped an old leather jacket sleeve around the mug and jammed the rest of the jacket into the saddlebag. Never had a spill.

Then I graduated to 2cool’s age old concept. It’s a cheap thermos, our company gave them to us. It’s steel, shaped like a milk bottle with a screw on cap. I didn’t like it cuz it worked too good, the coffee stayed too hot for a ridiculously long time. So I started putting 3 ice cubes in it before I leave for work. Perfect. Plus It’s tough, I drop the thing on concrete all the time and all it does is get scratched.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I used to do that too, cuz I had a favorite mug. I wrapped an old leather jacket sleeve around the mug and jammed the rest of the jacket into the saddlebag. Never had a spill.

Then I graduated to 2cool’s age old concept. It’s a cheap thermos, our company gave them to us. It’s steel, shaped like a milk bottle with a screw on cap. I didn’t like it cuz it worked too good, the coffee stayed too hot for a ridiculously long time. So I started putting 3 ice cubes in it before I leave for work. Perfect. Plus It’s tough, I drop the thing on concrete all the time and all it does is get scratched.

View attachment 598237
I think I might have a bottle like that somewhere.

·
Silver member
5,029 Posts
You can try this; its more for beer but i'm sure you can use it for coffee as well while riding. :ROFLMAO:

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,058 Posts
Get yourself a set of saddlebag doors. You can attach any cupholder to it as well. I have a set and love em.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I just installed mine yesterday - awesome, thanks for the link.
Really tidied up the bags!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts