Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
If i didnt purchase my Chieftain this year, i would definitely go for a scout!
Very solid looking ride!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was the last one of those delivered yesterday. It too is already pre-sold as are all the ones coming up to April. It's just waiting for its lucky owner to come swoop her up. They are sweet looking though. That Slingshot, not so much to me.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
If that was my pre-order Scout I would "beat feet" to the dealership to pick it up...especially with it setting on the showroom floor.

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,830 Posts
Is that the only color those Slingshot carcycles are coming in? I'm not sure another color would look any better though.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Not really liking the Slingshot. I'm sure they did market research that shows there is a want for something like that though.

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
I told my dealer that I want to see mine in the crate and it isn't to be taken out until I say so. They agreed. They also told me that they didn't think all the accessories would be in with it even though I ordered them with it. I hope this isn't going to be like the first year Chief accessories. I told them it might stay in the crate for a while.........I can wait until spring anyway.:(

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts

·
Founding member
952 Posts
The Slingshot looks like a hoot to drive. Would like to take a long drive in one. I like the looks of Scout but too small for my oversized frame.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey Cattivo, I will be at the dealer tomorrow morning to have the kick stand replaced, hope the scout is still there to see! Get the new beach bars installed?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Cattivo, I will be at the dealer tomorrow morning to have the kick stand replaced, hope the scout is still there to see! Get the new beach bars installed?
Yessir, sure did. Ended up with an A/C installed too. They see me coming :D. But, bars and A/C are awesome.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yessir, sure did. Ended up with an A/C installed too. They see me coming :D. But, bars and A/C are awesome.
How do you like the beach bars? Wondering how the polished stainless steel looks with the chrome on the bike. don't get why they made beach bars in s/s and stock ones in chrome steel.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How do you like the beach bars? Wondering how the polished stainless steel looks with the chrome on the bike. don't get why they made beach bars in s/s and stock ones in chrome steel.
I've always been partial to the feel of the wider bars, so I clearly love them. To be honest, it didn't even cross my mind they were SS. If there is a vosual dofference, it's not enough to make a difference. I do have some busyness going on on my bars too though.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts