Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been able to follow the Indian Demo truck around the Southeast and ride at least 3 different Scouts. I pre-ordered a Scout back in early September and really happy about my decision. I rode different Indians while riding the Scout multiple times at three different dealers. Every one of the Indians I rode were excellent rides for different riders and passengers. Maybe one day I will grow up and add a Chief, but that is "big" as I would ever go. During my last rides I had spent enough time and scraped enough pegs to figure out where things touched down and how far I could push the bike. This thing is a hoot! I was able to flex the bike, drift both wheels and throttle through turns and change lines like no Cruiser I have ever ridden. I had it over 100 mph for short stints and was able to get the front wheel off the ground doing about 30 mph. This is going to be fun! I could pick it apart, but all bikes have short comings. One older gentlemen said to me after test riding a Scout "that thing has a hard seat, I wouldn't buy one". I smiled and said "yeah, everything is relative, coming off sport bikes for 34 years, that Scout feels like a couch to me" To me the Scout is one fun, reasonably fast, good looking, different and uncluttered motorcycle that is easy to go fast and put where you want it. Yes I will change the shocks, handlebar and tires and just maybe front end, but at this point it will make me smile every time I ride it.

Scout 11-08-14.jpg

·
Registered
458 Posts
Based on visual aspects, specs, and reviews from others, I am sure I will like it, which is why I ordered one. I have sat on one, but the first one I ride will be my own, and it will be pure euphoria. :D

Reactions: Edward Walsh

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,354 Posts
I have been able to follow the Indian Demo truck around the Southeast and ride at least 3 different Scouts. I pre-ordered a Scout back in early September and really happy about my decision. I rode different Indians while riding the Scout multiple times at three different dealers. Every one of the Indians I rode were excellent rides for different riders and passengers. Maybe one day I will grow up and add a Chief, but that is "big" as I would ever go. During my last rides I had spent enough time and scraped enough pegs to figure out where things touched down and how far I could push the bike. This thing is a hoot! I was able to flex the bike, drift both wheels and throttle through turns and change lines like no Cruiser I have ever ridden. I had it over 100 mph for short stints and was able to get the front wheel off the ground doing about 30 mph. This is going to be fun! I could pick it apart, but all bikes have short comings. One older gentlemen said to me after test riding a Scout "that thing has a hard seat, I wouldn't buy one". I smiled and said "yeah, everything is relative, coming off sport bikes for 34 years, that Scout feels like a couch to me" To me the Scout is one fun, reasonably fast, good looking, different and uncluttered motorcycle that is easy to go fast and put where you want it. Yes I will change the shocks, handlebar and tires and just maybe front end, but at this point it will make me smile every time I ride it.

View attachment 3299
I think we rode with you a few times. I rode tail on the Greensboro rides and then we saw you down in Charlotte this weekend.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think we rode with you a few times. I rode tail on the Greensboro rides and then we saw you down in Charlotte this weekend.
Mikehell, were you with the "better half" and you were wearing a black mechanics shirt? If so, I do remember you and we had some good rides, didn't we?

·
2,354 Posts
Mikehell, were you with the "better half" and you were wearing a black mechanics shirt? If so, I do remember you and we had some good rides, didn't we?
Yup, that was me! I'm the guy who told you "just buy one already!". Which color did you order?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, that was me! I'm the guy who told you "just buy one already!". Which color did you order?

I ordered a Silver Smoke in early September. I hope you guys had a good ride home. Are you thinking of getting a Scout?

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts

View attachment 3299
Thanks for the review. I have started thinking about not test riding one and waiting for my first ride on my own Scout. Decisions, decisions lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Red Scout pre order took place weeks ago. And as luck may have it, I participated in the demo ride today on the scout in Ocala, Fl. The scout is as advertised and then some. In every gear, at low and high speeds the torque was enough to squat the rear end and with no engine lag whatsoever. A sexy, quick, responsive and very agile motorcycle. I am 6'2" and everything about the foot position and reach was just right and felt very comfortable. This is a grand slam and in my humble opinion will eventually become a sought after collectors item.

·
Registered
733 Posts
My Red Scout pre order took place weeks ago. And as luck may have it, I participated in the demo ride today on the scout in Ocala, Fl. The scout is as advertised and then some. In every gear, at low and high speeds the torque was enough to squat the rear end and with no engine lag whatsoever. A sexy, quick, responsive and very agile motorcycle. I am 6'2" and everything about the foot position and reach was just right and felt very comfortable. This is a grand slam and in my humble opinion will eventually become a sought after collectors item.
I could not agree more! Took my second test ride yesterday in Ocala, and the route certainly allowed for total exploration of the Scouts manners and strengths. It appears to this rider the scout is all you could ask for in a motorcycle.She will behave herself if you insist and show you her manners but, ask her to show you her wild side and she becomes a beast. This bike is balanced and steady at parking space speeds and I mean space not lot speeds no wobble, no protest, total control. Then roll the throttle back and run the gears the scout keeps pulling and pulling sixth gear is strictly there for when you have reached your goal. I ordered my scout right after Biketoberfest in Daytona and a demo ride on city streets revealed a nice bike but, left a few questions some admittedly the result of riding a bike I didnt own. Ocala eliminated all questions except for one. When can I please get mine?

·
2,354 Posts
Yeah, we'll get one. Just a matter of finding that tree that grows money so we can go pick some. She wants a red one.
Truth be told here, I did place a deposit on a red Scout at the demo in Charlotte last Wednesday. Just didn't want to post publicly because it was supposed to be a surprise for her. Cat's out of the bag now though.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Did 5 Test Rides Sunday at Ride Now in Ocala .. 2 on the Scout .. 1 Each on the Chieftain, Roadmaster, and Vintage .. Only reason did a Vintage Test Ride they were trying to talk me into Buying one off the floor so lined me right up for a demo on it .. After the Test Ride Said Just Keep the Scout on Order ..
RoadmasterJ.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts